• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

For sale:

2005 Hoyt Protech

Right handed model, Safari pattern, adjustable draw weight (60-70), adjustable draw length (26 to 30). This comes with a stabilizer (7" Doinker) and drop away rest (AP Safari Twister). The bow is in excellent shape- very well taken care of. All the buyer will need to shoot is a sight (I kept the sight from this bow) and some arrows.

Also in this package is a Bushnell rangefinder. It's an older model (approx. 12 years old or so), but it works perfectly.

Price = $499.99

ef8e1441.jpg

ef8e13dc.jpg

For anyone looking for a well taken care of bow, check this one out. You will still have time to go hunting without to much set up.

I didn't want to split up the bow and range finder, but the range finder has been sold to a friend of a friend. So... the bow is still for sale. Price = $400.

Thanks Scoot for the rangefinder--it works perfectly--also thanks for the great communication!!

Thanks again! Good luck hunting!

Still for sale? I am looking to get into bowhunting, is this a good bow to start with or is it too advanced?

Lance- you're welcome. I hope you stick a big buck because you have the yardage perfect!

Donk- Nope, it's not too advanced. If you're interested, I can show you the "ins and outs" of it and have you up and running in no time. The only things you'll need in addition to the bow are a rest, some arrows, and a release. Any bowshop or the archery dept. at Sheels in St. Cloud will have you up and running in less than an hour. The arrows and release will be very easy and they can put on a easy to set rest for you. They should also help you get the rest set up too. If you're interested, feel free to give me a call (701-799-5344).

FYI- you could get a decent starter bow for roughly the same money (if you bought it new). However, I can pretty much guarentee this bow will be faster and quiter than any off the shelf starter bow (like any of the packages Scheels sells). I have no doubt you'll be happy with it.

Donk,

I'm leaving town for ten days. You can reach me at the cell number posted above for about the next 24 hours, but then I'll be unavailable for about a week. I'll reply as soon as I'm back.

• 3 weeks later...

Sold. Good luck, Donk!

BTW, I realized that I should have mentioned that I'm thinking about shooting new arrows. If you're interested in buying my old ones, let me know. I shot Carbon Express CX 400's and they performed well for me. I'm thinking about rearrowing to shoot a little heavier arrow for future elk hunting adventures. FYI- the CX's are 414 grains (with 100 grain broadhead) with tip, which is moderately heavy for whitetail (which is good for kinetic energy), but I'm going to go up to around 500 grains. Let me know if you're interested.

Congrats on the sales Scoot--my ten year old has the distance for every tree wrote down from our stand--that rangefinder works awesome--thanks again!! laugh.gif

Will do, I am planning to take it into the shop tonight and get it set up. I will check out what they recommend for arrows and let you know. Thanks for meeting me up there, and going over a few things. I haven't tried to get the extended bolt out yet, we'll see how that goes.. smirk.gif BTW, we had a great duck hunt Sat and Sun, between the 2 of us we shot something like 100 shells in the air grin.gif Ended up with 14 ducks and a couple geese. Thanks again Scoot, I cant wait to get shooting with it!

Cool, sounds like fun. I haven't hunted waterfowl for a couple years- fun stuff!

Regarding the bold- the more I think about it, the more my suggestion is to unscrew it where it comes apart. Then, go to a hardware store and get the correct bolt to screw back into the stabilizer. This should be easy to do and better than fighting the stinking thing. I should cost you about $0.25.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.