• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

East End Reefs

Guys,

Myself and my 5 year old son are heading up tomorrow afternoon and meeting my in-laws, who are camped on the West end of Namakan. I am strongly considering portaging over for the day on sunday to the east end of Rainy.

I havnt seen anything on how the reef bite is holding up. I was camped up on Rainy for 5 days, but that was 3 weeks ago now. We had excellent luck for both eaters and over's for the 5 days. Anyone have any word on how its been the last week? A friend was up with 8 others 8/18-22 at Kettle Falls, and they had slower than usual results, with alot of their fish caught on downriggers in 45-55' over the basin. Thats just not my prefered method of fishing eye's, and the little guy's Spiderman pole can only jig/rig down so far grin.gif

Thanks for any current info.

Xplorer,

I too will be up there this weekend. I have been doing well on kab (east end) 10-15 fish days have been the norm. I have heard that the bite on rainy has been good depending on the weather. My info is from last weekend though.

ODL