• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Windy, You live right down the street. Why won't you meet at the Point?

Come on Windy...................why won't you stop in? Have you even seen the new place since we gutted it over a year and a half ago? We have a $25 all you can drink (domestic beer and well drinks) and buffet during all Bears games. We will probably miss the 1st game due to a Mille Lacs trip with Illinois Outdoors........if the fish are hittin, we're stayin longer. If it's dead, we'll be back at Stoney Point for the game.

Commanche,

It's nothing against you or the place. We had a great time the last time we were there. We are just not the party type too much anymore. The grand kids keep us running pretty good and my wife does not like the smokey atmosphere of most places. That may have changed for you with the new law, not sure, if it has please let me know and I will try to get her in again. We don't do the huge drink fest Bears game thing anymore, used to but not anymore. I usually watch the game by myself in the recliner in front of my big screen. When we go out to eat we don't like a crowd, usually go for good food with quite atmosphere.

Let me know about the smoke situation because I know that was a factor last time we were in but that was before the remodel and we were sitting right next to the OTB which was full of smokers. We did have a good time and LOVED the food! Have a good time with the Ill Outdoor folks, wish I could come.

Talk to you soon, Windy

Windy,

We remodeled and doubled the size, remember? The OTB is separated by glass doors and the dining area in the back by the fireplace is non-smoking after 6:30 every day. Not to mention, the HVAC system we put in works pretty good at getting any smoke out in the bar area.

We had 4 height chairs out last night around 6:30 for little ones......

It's certainly not chucky cheese, but it is family friendly.

You certainly don't have to party aminal to come in. And we have a heck of a menu.......All you can eat Leinie's Honey Weiss battered walleye fish fry on Friday, or our Friday Crab Stuffed Talapia, the blackened walleye poor boy...........and you can't go wrong with our steaks.

Check out our website and menu.

Jim,

Just what I wanted to hear. Sounds good. Will work on the Mrs. to get her out to eat. I will let you know in advance when we will be there. Thanks

Windy

Could you please post your website address, thank you, only about 50 miles away so would like to stop by, you do not have to be a bears fan do you?

I'm really not supposed to advertise, but do an internet search for Stoney Point Grill . Com in Mokena Illinois

By the way, Windy...........we just made the dining area 100% non-smoking during all business hours!!!!

Hey there Jim..thank you for your concern after my horse trouble. Can't wait to see you again next year!!

Nice move Commanche,

While I am all for people's rights and freedom, I think the market should dictate who goes smoke free and who allows smoking. If you don't like smoke go to places that are smoke free and if you like to puff go to smoking places. I guess my conservative roots are showing! I think that is a great move on your part though, Jim.

Windy

Muskiegurl,

Glad you're okay. Thanks for the cheesecake..........it was awesome.

Are you still feeling the effects of that horse's hoof?

Jim...nope am all healed...getting ready to gentle her though...will be riding her in the next few weeks!! YEEHAW!!