• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll admit , It's a stupid question

Gator Slayer

I've been told by a hunting buddy that the sign for "non-motorized" areas refers to gasoline engines. He said that you can use an electric "trolling" motor. Anyone else know this as fact. I say non motorized means no motors Electric or otherwise. Any info would be appreciated.

non-motorized meens non-motorized.

On some lakes you are allowed a 30lb thrust trolling motor. I believe these are typically identified as some sort of game lake or waterfowl refuge-y sort of thing.

you cannot use an electric trolling motor on WMAs. unfortunately. If you dont have a push pole...get one...I got my first last year and they work great...you wouldn't believe how much easier it is to get around in the wind than rowing. With the low water this year...its' going to be worth it's weight in gold.

Not a stupid question Gator, but one you could easily have answered yourself by simply reading the regulations. With the seasons approaching it is time to GET and then READ the regulations.

Remember: a bunch of bureaucrats went to a lot of effort to make them for you!!! grin.gif