• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weirdest Catch

Kyle Sandberg

Sock full of sand on Twin Lake in Brooklyn Center and same lake was a cow rib bone, and some old boot. All on the same lake when I was a kid. Otherwise I cast into trees and docks alot

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyle Sandberg

• The Grebe

• tims

• Questor

A few weeks ago I took a guy to Banks lake in Washington, he hooked this Abu Garcia in 60 feet off a bottom bouncer.vanlogo011vx0.jpg

So I told him to toss some gear on it and catch an Eye, would make for a great story. Here it is!

vanlogo014uu3.jpg

Fishing the Miss last weekend, a guy that I know snagged this trophy. The pic didnt turn out too hot in the grass.

Its a wood saw from back in the early 1900's I would guess.

There are holes drilled on both ends where the wood handles were for a guy to stand on both sides to saw up trees.

Jim caught this thing using plastics in deeper water, and managed to get the hook right in one of the holes where the handle was screwed on at one time. What are the odds???

dsc02254smallaa9.jpg

I caught a coffee can once. An old metal one. The thing wes so old the hood went right throught the metal.

The craziest thing I have ever caught was my own hat, 2 weeks after it blew off my head while boating.

This spring I cought a drift sock fully outfitted with a harness. It came in open and took about 20 minutes to land. I thought I had a monster. It also came fully equipt with seven various crank baits that are in my tackel box now. I guess thoses guys should use better line.

One time ice fishing a buddy lost his keys down the hole so we got the aqua view out and drilled a couple more holes. It took about an hour but we managed to hook them with a jiggin spoon.

Quote:

Caught a golf ball on a jig/minnow once. Yep its possible!

I caught a golf ball on Vermillion last spring using a lindy rig.

One time ice fishing a buddy dropped his keys down the hole and they landed on his hook, Other wise they would have been lost and we would have had to find a ride home.

My brother knocked my buck knife down the hole of my fish house in 38 ft of water. Of course he doesn't tell me. My uncle pulls up a knife out of my house 2 weeks later and I tell him it isn't mine, until I see my brother laughing.

The other day I caught a dead, half decayed goose. I guess it was more disgusting than weird though.

• 5 weeks later...

all the normal stuff like boots and cans ,bags, rods and reels,lures, line,you know everyday stuff. but by far the most satisfying was that waterskier in the leg while i was muskie fishing with my favorite tandem bucktail. blush.gif oopsieeee

Quote:

but by far the most satisfying was that waterskier in the leg while i was muskie fishing with my favorite tandem bucktail.
blush.gif
oopsieeee

SO! Did throw it back or do the right thing, haul it to shore and throw it into the trash can? Them evasive species are really hard to get rid of. wink.gif

Quote:

but by far the most satisfying was that waterskier in the leg while i was muskie fishing with my favorite tandem bucktail.
blush.gif
oopsieeee

Did you, like me, get a good hookset into them? It ain't a good hookset unless the drag slips a little!

"Its a screamer!". Like the DNR tells us, don't throw the invasive species back into the water.

I cought a wallet with 200$ in it. I also snagged a rapala witch was snagged in the back of a four pound walley smile.gif

When my boys were young, we would fish Crappies from a low bridge. One of them dropped his rod in, so I went back the next day with a grappling hook to get it. Before I got his, I caught three others. One guy fishing there claimed one of them was his and his son had lost it....but he couldn't tell me what brand the rod or reel was. Fishing the current below a dam, one of my boys had a great battle that turned out to be four feet of concrete rerod. This summer, he caught two anchors on the river. My bro-in-law snagged up and when he got over the snag, looked down and saw a 12 foot jon boat. He dragged it to shore with his achor line and it was in great shape. He used it for several years and then gave it to one of his grandsons.

Wow. Thats a lot of stuff. I want whatever line your using on my rods. grin.gif