• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weirdest Catch

Kyle Sandberg

There's is a post about weirdest bait. Now, what is the wierdes thing you've caugth.

I caught a 3x4 piece of carpet.

A tire.

And someones fishing pole.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyle Sandberg

• The Grebe

• tims

• Questor

An anchor rope with 4' chain and 22# bell anchorIce fishing. I needed to drill a few more holes to get it out.

K...I guess my weirdest catch was a compound bow, all decked out for bowfishing...sold it through the Tradin Times and gave my bud the fishing gear. grin.gif

Fishing the Missouri River one year when i was in high school and pulled in a metal folding chair.

While trolling for northerns last weekend on Mitchell Lake, I thought I had hooked some weeds. I reeled in the crank bait to find a bobber and some fishing line. After pulling in about 30 feet of line I came to the jiggle stick it was still attached to. It's still in the boat if anyone wants it and can describe it to me.

p.s. The jiggle stick was the longest thing caught all morning. frown.gif

A cow... Actually the guy I was with did. Was fishing in a small bay of the main lake that just stunk bad. The guy I was with was tossing a spoon when he set it on something and after some tugging and pulling a decaying cow popped to the surface. We cut the line and did a long distance release.

My 7 YO brother let out all the line in his pole while trolling and the line thatcame with wasnt tied on. I was mad at him and beacuse it was nicer line too.

We go out sunny fishing 4 hours later and my granpa gets all mad cuz we were vertical fishing and he caught one of of lines. He start pulling and pulling it up expecting to see our rods bend. He keeps going andgoing until the same exact lure hewas trolling with pops up into our boat. What are the chances of that?

While fly-fishing in Mexico, I was just learing how to double haul and on one of my false casts, my line went tight in my hand and I heard a muffled "YOW!". I turned around to see my fly in my guides leg......needless to say I didn't live that one down for the rest of the trip.

Snagged an Abu Garcia combo once, too bad there wasnt a muskie on the other end to top it off grin.gif

I caught a bat throwing a tiny toredo in the river. Not sure if he thought it was something he could eat and hit it during cast or if I just smacked him midair. Since it was getting dark I wasn't sure why the lure was reeling in funny. Sure was suprised to see the bat hooked. I have a pic but it's not digital and no scanner.

My brother set the hook on what he thought was a huge fish that took him about 10 minutes to land.....turned out to be a drift sock.

Weirdest Catch or Funniest laugh of a catch!!

yeap, I did catch a bat

Seen a guy catch a flycatcher bird

My buddy caught what he thought was big catfish, but I saw it all - a pelican.

My uncle caught a duck

My nephew caught a loon

My brother in law tried catching wild turkey with a tandem spinner bait???? - yeah right, I got angry at him for purposely trying to snag the bird. Except for this one, all of the other ones are just way too funny.

I hooked a guy's face one time. I was in my boat casting and a boat full of other guys had come withing about 30 feet of me on a lake that was otherwise practically empty of people. I think they saw me catching fish and came over quietly with a trolling motor.

I muffed a back cast with my plug and it hit the guy in the face.

A railroad tie...a stacked carburator, and a cooking pot that had holes in it, boy did that thing fight hard.

My older brother caught me. I put up one heckuva fight. One hospital trip and a bunch of stitches later, I beat him up.

Quote:

My older brother caught me. I put up one heckuva fight. One hospital trip and a bunch of stitches later, I beat him up.

LOL's see what happens when you play mercy....

Casting near rock dock on Lake Waconia... caught myself a Gull. Wrapped worm,weight, and line around a leg. Didn't really notice at first as I was talking to buddy in back of boat & all the sudden I feel my line moving up and away to my right... Strangest thing to look up and see a bird flying away with your line. I slowly realed her in and (not without a fuss and some feathers lost) untangled the line and set her free... Crazy time in a small boat. Also, about a 30 plus pound snapping turtle on a texas rigged lizard on Waverly... I thought I had the state record bass for a second: (I cut the line). Another one... Not really a catch though... I was casting a frog near some pads (different lake) and just SMOKED a Swallow in flight... I think I either knocked it out cold and it drowned or I just killed it with the impact. THAT was weird as the impact was probably lest than 5 yards from the boat and obviously completely unexpected... You just can't make this kind of stuff up.............. grin.gif

Pulled in a cellphone last yr while bottom fishing from shore at a small pond.

Drifting a rig on millacs one opening day. I caught a TBone steak. And ... no. I didnt take it home and grill it. I emediatley released it.

Trolling mille lacs early this summer and my deep taildancer wasn't quite thumping right so I reeled it in. Low and behold I had caught a used condom on the back treble. Talk about sick!

While practice casting with my new St. Croix rod during a camping trip I casted out a Yum bait plastic and line across the field only to stop and talk to my buddy. I started to reel in the line without looking and found a little chipmunk had grabbed hold of my lure in it's mouth? It wasn't hooked but had refused to let go and I reeled it in a third of the way before the critter stopped and ran away. grin.gif

I caught an old dipnet one time. I also got a bird - When I was a little kid I was sucker spearing from on top of a train bridge and accidentally speared a bird that flew underneath it.

A Great Horned Owl. Actually, my uncle, not me. Night fishing with a frog colored Jitterbug, owl swept down out of the trees and picked it up clean off of the surface.

My dog (twice)

a loon

snapping turtle

my little brother (multiple times -- some on accident, some on purpose)

a cute little minnetonka coed (she made me keep her)

myself (just about every time in the boat)

a 9 foot log out to LOW in 40 feet of water... thought it was a world record -- fought for about 45 minutes

a crayfish out of 30 feet on (Contact Us Please) this spring on a leech

an anchor through the ice on a tip-up

a launch i was on caught a 20 foot piece of dock on the anchor -- they had to bring out a chain saw to get it off

Fishing below the Pier dam in S.D. Were catching lots of junk tackle plus some good stuff, shad raps, etc. Hooked a bottom bouncer through the eye, a 5-6 lb catfish was on the other end still hooked and still fiesty.