• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gary Clancy had an article in the last issue of Outdoor News. He mentioned that he had bought a really good rod for Lindy rigging for walleyes. He mentioned that having a really sensitive rod made a big difference. But he did not state the manufacturer or model of the rod he bought. So, who makes the best rods for Lindy rigging and jigging for walleyes? Which models?

I use st.croix premier rods and feel like they are a top end rod for the money 80 to 100 bucks i have got 5 of them a couple are over ten years old and are just as sensitive as my new ones and they still look like new i have tryed some lower dollar rods like the berkley lightning rod and for 30 to 40 bucks they are ok but just not the same i also have a g loomis imx that is a 200.00 rod and it clearly is the most sensitive but i can buy 2 st.croix for the same amount of dollars and still have a top notch rod

Everything comes with a price tag. If you're not worried about how much you spend, G-Loomis is the answer. If you're looking to spend between $50 - $100, pick your poison; St. Croix, Gander Mountain, Scheel's, Limit Creek, Rapala.

They all make a pretty good stick.

Wow. I though I was somewhere else for a second there. The same thing was just posted in the Walleye Fishing-Perch area.

i run with a Loomis WJR742S & a SJR782 IMX. I've borrowed the 742 to friend for the day and a few days later he went out and bought one. I couldn't ask for anything better in terms of sensitivity and hook sets. You can almost feel how active your leech is. Check em out when you can. You won't be disappointed.

I have had a St. Croix Legend Tournament for over a year and a half now and I am really impressed with the sensitivity- Pretty spendy though. My girlfriend has a St. Croix Triumph, which is even cheaper than the Premier- I think it was $60 or so. I really like that pole for the price. Back in my younger days I used to use the Berkley Lightning rods. They were nice, but I could never find a one piece rod over 6 feet. For the extra 20-30 dollars though, I would recommend the St. Croix triumph- with this pole you have everything you need with a low price tag- the length, high sensitivity, fast tip, and light weight. Let us know what you chose. Good fishing cool.gif

I forgot to add though, I've fished with a few friends' G'Loomis rods, and I think that the St. Croix rods are equally superior, but are a little lighter on the wallet as far as cost is concerned.