• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bronzeback90

coon rapids dam for smallies

Bronzeback90

I caught a few nice smallies over 17" downstream from the dam a few weeks ago just wondering if anybody else has had any luck down there.

dilleyo

I caught 1 right around 17" above and a bunch around 8-10", but never tried below. How far down below were you fishing?

Bronzeback90

I just toss a minnow plug or a in-line spinner in slack water or a current break and that works pretty good.

Fishing in about 4 feet of water

dilleyo

I meant how far down from the dam were you fishin? grin.gif I caught mine all on crawlers on a lindy woth a snagless 1/2 oz. weight.

Bronzeback90

About 1/2 mile down from the dam works pretty good, also a good spot for walleyes.

dilleyo

That's gotta be pretty close to the 610 bridge, right? I'll have to give it a try next time I'm fishing there. Thanks for the info.

fishuhalik

Had a good time out there last weekend. We got 8-9, 4 around 1-1 1/2 lbs and 4-5 around 2-2 1/2. Fished for about 4 hours. Nothing too incredible but still fun since it was our first time on the river. We were about 3 miles down from the Mississippi Point Park access.

CrappieAttitude

My dad, brother and I were wading the river on Labor day and hooked into a ton of smallies. We were standing right in the middle of the river fishing the rapids and the little buggers were going crazy. We were about 300 yards down stream from the dam. It was my first time fishing this way, but it was a lot of fun even though the fish were small. My dad even hooked into a cat. They were attacking small spinners and plastics. We literally could walk most of the river without even getting our belts wet.

CA

eye_point

Ok, here's a tip while wading in the River: Stand perfectly still for a few minutes. The smallies will find you, and the breakwater just behind your legs. Drop lure down next to you so it floats just past your legs. Not kidding. On the Northside, we call it A** Fishing.

Best of Luck.

Grant

this I have to try- I'm normally not a bass guy, but A** fishing is just the kind of lazy a** thing that I'd do! wink.gif