• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone goose hunt the Miss from St. Cloud to Elk River?

Just wondering if anyone goose hunts the Miss at all?

Not really looking to do it, just wondering.

Better look at maps again...most of it was closed to hunting this summer. (Powerplant to Elk River) They did it under the radar made a bunch of people mad.

I used to hunt by snuffys landing in Becker behind the the powerplant then one day their was a observation platform there and got bummed out and kind of slacked off the river. man I miss that spot the hunting was awsome and never failed to see birds.

Jimbo80-did they just close it for the early season(overwater)? You can still hunt the river in that stretch during regular duck season, correct?

Quote:

Jimbo80-did they just close it for the early season(overwater)? You can still hunt the river in that stretch during regular duck season, correct?

all hunting....more houses = more noise complaints. Also, people started hunting really close to town, so that don't help

not in that area but closer to the cities but still outside the no water zone...got chased off the river by an irritated land owner. She owned the property on the other side of the road. I wasn't breaking any rules just didn't want to get in to it. She kept saying I was on her property, I'm pretty sure she doesn't own the stream bed which is obviously exposed due to the drought. Now, am I off base here? First of all I take issue with what she was claiming to own...I'v hunted this spot for the last few years now and have seen others hunt it as well. Doesnt the tresspass law read...up to the high water mark...? Anyways...I left to avoid further confrontation. Not quite on topic...but thought you other river hunters could share some insight.

the high water mark is not a reliable rule, so I am told...

I always keep my feet wet while hunting the river or fishing the river and have always avoided prosecution.

we had a conversation about this awhile back on another board and others tended to agree.

I'm with sartell angler on this some of the property owners think that they own property all the way to the other side of the river at least thats the impression I get from some of the people when I last hunted the river.