• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sign in to follow this  
eyes54

August full moon

eyes54

With the full moon being late this month and the cooler weather we have been having what does everyone think about the fishing this week. Will it be the same tatics as the september full moon, or should you search a little deeper. Just want to hear everyones thoughts.

18 inch Crappie

We will know when you post a report I guess.

rodmaker

I'm guessing your'e talking about night fishing.

Get out the Shad Raps!!! I would start in the 10-12 foot levels, and work my way into 5 ft.

Colors, firetiger, perch, clown., blue., tennesee shad. gold.

Maybe try size 10 huskiy jerks also. Chrome colors.

It may be a little early, but it gets your blood "pumping" thinking about the Fall Pigs out there. Good luck!!!!

HuskerBob

Quote:

It may be a little early, but it gets your blood "pumping" thinking about the Fall Pigs out there. Good luck!!!!

In a typical year...at what point does the infamous "Fall-Bite" get good?

PerchJerker

Water temperature is what really drives it. 50 - 55 is when things really start picking up.

Team Otter

You don't have to limit yourself to trolling unless you're dead set on making a bite happen with Shad Raps or whatever. Don't be afraid to try picthin' plastics or slip bobber fishing in and around deeper weed edges or shallow rock piles.

Any full moon phase is a good phase.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• trumy
      Dropped through first layer to second layer of ice and got stuck were driving out from  burntside lodge on plowed road  have moved road some no problems good solid road buddy came from  up by lake of the woods last weekend one ton dually pulling his ice castle  went out from the lodge road caught 5 lakers on friday not sure how they did on Saturday 
    • SkunkedAgain
      That's the point Rick. jigginjim talked about leaving a portable out on the lake while he was gone (more than 200ft away). Therefore he needed to have his name on it. I think that we agree on this.
    • Chill62
      Hardest part is getting onto most lakes not driving around. if you can make it 75 yards onto a lake your golden. Saturday morning will be cold you'll be good. Saturday coming off you might have fun. Sunday might be soupy. 
    • PRO-V
      I knew I read that before!!
    • The Chemist
      Jeff: prayers for you that the procedure goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.
    • Ando009
      How are the lakes west of ottertail. Can you get around with a ranger on tires or should I bring sleds?
    • Mike89
      very interesting....
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Something that made me cuckle today and figured Id share. I was out today and went and looked at a smaller lake relatives speared or use to spear. There was about 38 spearing setups in a 200-300 yard circle. And get this, 90% of those holes were setup with the same type of portable house. This lake is about 400 acres. It use to have a great population of nice panfish and a healthy pike population. Now that these relatives have speared this lake the last 5 years the panfish are all tiny and theres only small pike left. And now those relitives complain that "there is no nice spearable pike left" and the panfishing is poor. Well all be darn who would think after years of spearing the same lake and taking multiple large pike (over 28") each time out the fishing would be horrible. Go figure! I'm all for spearing and do it my self and think its a great pass time. What i DONT enjoy is when people take and take from a fishery and never look back to see the path of destruction there creating. This really is the most disappointing thing about spearing for me :(.
    • JBMasterAngler
      That is my Grand Marais report, word for word from last June. Not really sure why that guy copied and pasted it.
    • Mike89

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.