• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILDVIEW CAMERA

DOUBLELUNG

I picked one up at Menards for $50.00. Picked up a "Kingston" SD 512 card to slide in it, and got some rechargable batteries. Went out in the woods and set it up last night. How long do the batteries last in those things? And does anybody own one of these camera's? What do they think of it? Also can a guy take a regular digital camera out inthe woods with him to check the SD card? Will it wreck anything? confused.gif

I can't say anything about the camera, but you shoudl be able to transfer the SD card to another camera without having to format anything. I would imagine you could use the camera as a picture viewer.

i have a wildview VGA .3 megapixel. it holds 4 C batteries and they dont last that long. maybe a month max more like three weeks. i tried using a HP camera as a viewer and it didnt work. you can use the camera however to transfer the pics to a computer. just put it in and hook it up. i dont like the camera the resolution is very low, you cant zoom in at all to look at stuff. the flash is also very weak its about a 12 ft flash no matter what the box says. it will give you an idea of whats in the woods though.

here is a pic from the camera

bow1.jpg

here is a pic for a 100.00 moultre 4 megapixel

twig08.24001.jpg

I'd say that's an awesome flash for 11:38 pm!!

Any camera is better than none. Fact is I've never seen what I would consider to be a framable picture from even the most expensive cameras. There are a lot of wildviews in the woods, and I've never heard of a poor performer, but I'm not selling them either. I have a couple different cameras, and the wildview is the most simple of them to use. I have multiple sd cards and just switch the cards, view them at home.

All in all, trail cameras are as much fun as you make them, really can get your hopes up!!

Nice pics. Yea, that flash on that thing isnt very bright at all. I put it out last Thursday and got 50 pics already. Most looked like the same doe and fawn with spots. Hard to see because it was at night. Then 2 six point bucks, must of been in the morning because 4 of those turned out really good. Whats a better camera? cool.gif

A friend has a couple Cuddeback No flash infrared cameras that take good photo's but the down side is they are rather spendy.

The picture might not be the best on the less expensive cameras but one can have more of them out there for the same money and you can see what is in the picture for scouting purposes.

for around a hundred bucks you can get a moultre 4.0 or a stealthcam 2.0 i own both. i just recently got the moultre but there isnt much difference. i would lean more towards the moultre just because the night shots turn out with a hair better color resolution. i think cabelas puts out a trail camera for close to a hundred bucks too, but i havent tried it yet.

i've got a wildview, but it just plain sucks. the trigger time seems god-awful slow, and the pictures are grainy. i leave the wildview in the car, and use the old 35MM. trail timers......it sucks having to get the pictures developed, but they turn out 100 times nicer.

My wildview 2.0 is a work horse. Been going strong all year long in every kind of condition for the past two years. Takes decent pictures. Not portrait quality but I'm worried about seeing what deer are there, not putting together a photo album.

The trigger time is slow but I have mine pointed across a trail, at a watering hole or overlooking a mineral lick and it seems to take plenty of pictures.

Great camera for a great price. Rechargeable batteries are the way to go. Mine last about two weeks most of the year and about a week in sub-freezing temperatures. I leave it out all year and it works as well as the day I got it.

My wildview 2.0 last about 3 1/2 weeks in the summer and 3 days in the winter. Ive had it out for the last 2 years almost straight. Its starting to act up though and is really slow now. So I think im going to replace it with a moultrie 4.0.

my wildview sucks!! I think out of 80 pictures only a few during the day turned out the flash wouldn't work outside and i tried it the other day and nothing would work. I have a stealth cam 3.1 and it's not that great but it works..

Since last thursday I have gotten 140 pictures off that wildview. When I viewed them out in the woods on my hp camera the night ones werent that good. But when I brought it home and hooked it up to the computer the night ones looked pretty good. I am very impressed with the .3 wildview, and especially for only $50.00 laugh.gif

Hey everyone its been awhile since i posted anything. I was hoping to be posting trail cam pics all year, after shed season wrapped up for me i went out and bought a cuddeback from gander mountain. I have yet to have it work correctly. the only pics on it so far are of me. Its having a problem with the batteries staying connected to the power source. I was told from one person that the screw that secures it to the tree is also what secures the batteries??? Each time i set it up and then go to put the cover on the power turns off and i have to start all over again. If anyone knows what im doing wrong, help me out, make me feel stupid, PLEASE. I wasnt sure if the big guy made it last year after i didnt find any sheds, but i saw him aug 19th.. and i KNOW he has walked in front of the cam.. hope i can share them with you!!

SHEDFREAK32

I have a Moultrie. It takes some good pics and for $100 you can't go wrong. Here are some pics from last year.

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture.jpg