• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trying to plan a walleye trip, any ideas?

Just looking for any trips that you guys might have done in the past as far as good fishing and good lodging. willing to travel, but would prefer to stay on the MN side...thanks

None better than Lake of the Woods. They have a forum on this site. Lots of good info.

Minaki Canada, I just got back from there. Alot of big fish and a lot of good sizes eater fish. There is a slot but there is no problem catching fish in it. Really affordable and a great time. smile.gif

We had a good time fishing and good experience with Ballards on LOTW. That was spring time though. My next far-north-MN trip will be to Rainy, I think. Good luck wherever.

Lac Seul if you can bear the long drive, rainy lake, LOW, would be the ones i went to. I go to rainy every spring and/or fall, and it is amazing. Probably MN's premiere walleye lake, and very scenic, if that's your thing. Better pay attention when navigating around, low water and more rocks. you could stay at Sha-Sha, Woody's, he also guides, many campsites in the park, that is what we do and highly recommend, or do a houseboat. Good Luck fishing

Try Lake Vermillion, hit up that forum, and talk to a guy named Doug......walleye's off the dock....nutz grin.gif