• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

fishinbros

I am heading up this weekend till monday and was just told what the weather is going to be like, the whole time i'm goin to be up there it isn't suppose to reach 80. I am worried if this will effect the fishing. The water level must be very low right now. Should I be worried? confused.gif

HansB

In my experience, as long as the weather is stable and consistent the particular temperature isn't overly important. We've been in a cool pattern for over a week now, so continued cool shouldn't be a problem.

Lake levels are down somewhat, and clarity is up, so fish might tend a little deeper. Having said that, last Friday/Saturday I hammered morning walleye pulling crank baits near a submerged weedline in 10-14 feet of water on Norwegian bay.

fishinbros

For being a Minnesota fishermen, I'm not all for walleyes, I like skies, northern, bass. But does it still make a difference?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Borch
      I got out on the Cass Lake chain this weekend with a group of 10.  We found walleyes still hanging out shallow and scattered.   Jigging with shiners or gulp in 4-10 fow got several walleyes in the livewell.  With the heavy wind we also had a good daytime crank bite.  In the evening trolling cranks was productive as well.  Saturday morning I stuck a 43" musky trolling for eyes. Not a great photo but I was fishing by myself and wanted to get it released quickly. Panfish were hard to pin down with them bouncing shallow and then disappearing with each weather change.  With wind gusting to 25+ miles per hour finesse presentations were difficult. Water temps ranged from 53-60 degrees.
    • Knowknot
      I have to agree, always enjoy your videos Curt. Fun to see what is happening even from the southern part of the state...Keep em coming...
    • CigarGuy
      Chad, was that on the West end?  My turn to follow you around 😀. I'll be back up Thursday night!!
    • TomWehler
      Swim 9 am this morning.  No idea on temp but Major Shrinkage.  Coolimoolio! keep on rocken!   T  
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on German. Slow fishing, just a couple small sunnies, the boy and I where happy to be out though.  Water temperature ranged from mid 60s to mid 70s. No fresh vegetation and dirty water. Must still be running a bit behind despite the warm weather.
    • Raven77
      Got to get the first fish guts on it yesterday!
    • Raven77
      Interesting. So the sows are still in shallow? We fished 10-24' the past 3 days and have done well with a lot of 14-18" eyes using Lindy rigs and rainbows.  
    • Raven77
      Here's my new boat.  Saw probably 30 Verados in the past 3 days on the east and and west ends.  
    • redlabguy
      We had two fishing tournaments this weekend. Walleyes on Saturday and bass on Sunday. I met the bass winners today and talked to them about their walleye win Saturday. That’s right, they won both!  On Saturday, they entered the walleye tournament but just because they were on the lake to pre-fish for bass. They fished with stick baits in shallow water, looking for bass beds. As shallow as 4’. And dang if they didn’t keep catching walleyes. Big ones, including 2 over 26”. 21 lbs. in all. Apparently, they’re pretty good at finding bass, too. Big $ weekend for them!
    • BRL
      Ugly Saturday on Norwegian Bay. One Pike off of Windsock Island, nothing else much to speak of. Cold and windy but finished off with a beautiful Evening. There were a couple of good eyes caught near the north end, a 27" and a couple in the slots but most boats didn't see much. I saw 2 caught in front of the beach at Life of Riley in a matter of a couple minutes.  Sunday morning we met up with some friends and went out of Tower. Dragging bottom bouncers with minnows in 24-32' produced 11 keepers between the 4 of us, largest about 16" and lots of throw backs. Best luck just off of Priest Island. 4 hours of fishing with everyone except me pulling them in the boat until the last 10 minutes I put two in the livewell. I broke off with 10 minutes to go and was going to quit when everyone said "no, keep going!"  Glad I did cause I finished strong and redeemed myself. Never give up!