• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
HootTooten

Good Gift????

HootTooten

Got a buddy getting married this fall. Loves hunting!!! Has a dog. Hunts mostly waterfowl, some phesant, a little deer. Question is what is that one or two gadgets/toy's that you wish you had or do have that normaly you would not have spent the money on but now just love it! Remember he hunts everything...boat stuff, dog stuff, gun stuff, at home hunting stuff....

$400.00 or less because you only get married a couple times in your life. grin.gif

Lets hear some good ideas!

Thanks!

HootTooten

Eric Wettschreck

At the Tracy sports show this past summer I bought the coolest thing that he would dig. It's a magnet gun holder thingy. It's made out of foam and formed to fit 8 guns. It holds to the side of the pickup with a magnet.

No more leaning shotguns up against the tailgate, truck bed, etc. Set the butt on the ground and the barrell in the foam thing. It's pretty cool.

I don't know the name of it, but I have the contact info on the box at home. My e-mail is in my address. Drop me a mail if you want the contact info.

tealitup

How about a nice GPS - if he does not have one.

If his wife agrees how about a hunting trip that you two take - ND pheasant or huck hunting.

Shu

If it was me, a case of Hevi Shot would be great.

B. Amish

a dozen full body goose decoys with bags.

hand carved cork duck decoys

a new gun

a couple of nice framed wildlife prints

a nice gas grill

TrophyEyes

How about a gift card to mount his next Trophy (Deer, pheasant or duck). That way you both can hunt together for it.

snowgoose

I would say a new nice gas grill. I bought a nice grill a couple years ago and just love the thing. I hate having to cook on other peoples cheap, flame thrower grills. Buy a quility grill that will last for a while like a Weber stainless. You should be right in that $400 area.

Since he is a hunter you know he likes the backstrap on the grill and it will last longer than the case of heavy shot.

BoxMN

Not sure if he has one, but a range finder is a nice thing that you don't NEED but is cool to have. For what its worth, I found the wider ones seem to work better than the taller narrow (newer style) ones, though they are a bit larger. Roughly about $250 for a pretty darn nice one. Deer hunting can use it, duck hunting (ranging your decoy set is very enlightening!) or just plain goofing around with it. Not to mention sighting in gun out in the prairie away from a range - you know know exactly where 150 yards is smile.gif

HootTooten

Great ideas! That gun rest "thingy" sounds like a less expensive gift to go along with a higher priced one. A new gun is so personal. I would pull a gun and love it and he pulls it up and hates it. I was thinking of a real nice duck call. One of those could run $150.00. maybe another to personal item? What do Nightvision binocs/camera go for?

Keep the ideas comming.

Hoot

xedge2002

I bought the new Moutrie 4.0 IR flash camera and so far I really like it. Takes good quality pics, seems to be a quick trigger time and overall seems to be a great camera!! I am actually thinking about selling my other 2 flash cameras and buying another IR one. I think it cost me 220 from Cabelas.

surewood

A few things he might not buy himself but love to have. A new duck call and goose call around the $120.00 range. A good filler with them a few boxes of one of the high density shells out there.

smg04

you should check out C&S calls in zumbrota mn, he makes some awsome looking duck/goose calls and can have them engraved, maybe with a wedding date or his new brides name??

tealitup

Quote:

you should check out C&S calls in zumbrota mn, he makes some awsome looking duck/goose calls and can have them engraved, maybe with a wedding date or his new brides name??

You hunt to get away from home... smile.gif