• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Deer & Bear Pictures

harvey lee

Great deer Pfunk,

Now that you have one under your belt it will haunt all of your thoughts and dreams. Bow hunting is a addiction for most of us on this forum.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• snoozebutton

• sticknstring

• maros91

Nice first deer and you even got your arrow back to remember it, pretty cool. Congrats. I'm still on the hunt for my first buck.

mr

yeah i'm pretty sure i'm addicted for life. i've taken a bunch of deer with the gun but the bow is on a whole new level of excitement. i was actully on the ground for this one, sitting against the only tree around (wasn't suitable for a tree stand) near the edge of a cornfield. had a doe and a fawn come through but never closer than 50 yards. judging from what they had done, i decided to take a chance and move closer to the field and just lay against the side slope of a little hill in some grass about 2 feet tall. not 10 minutes later he came out at about 100 yards and it took him a good 15 minutes to work his way in right down the path the other two had gone (felt more like 2 hours!). when he finally got close enough i waited for him to look away and sat up to draw. came to full draw only to have a weed going right through my peep! had to turn way to the side in full draw until the weed slid out, thank god he never looked. drilled him through the lungs and he only went about 40 yards. rage broadheads left a heck of a blood trail. thing that sucked was that i went out to where i shot him a few more times just to sit in the woods and check my trail cams, and one night i brought along my grunt call to do some experimenting. who woulda guessed that a lot nicer buck came right in about 12 yards and never had a clue i was there. i guess he'll keep me busy next year! Good luck finding that buck meat-run. i didnt get my first buck until 3 years ago either but i've gotten a buck each year sice then. hope you have the same luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted By: solocam
Great deer Pfunk,

Now that you have one under your belt it will haunt all of your thoughts and dreams. Bow hunting is a addiction for most of us on this forum.

You said a mouthful

Way to go nugefan - looks like some fine eatin' to me! Congrats on your first bow-kill. Many to come...

• 3 weeks later...

awesome photos guys. Great to see that everyone is having some luck out there

I killed a unicorn this year, had one antler about 3 inches long, we got it on the trail cam a bunch and i was like that would be kinda cool to kill a deer with one antler, then i shot it thinking it was a doe, wasnt to cool after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice deer!!!! I was hunting or should I say trying to stay dry. I was only able to hunt the first day and didn't get set up until 9:30 a.m. Plenty of action though. Seen 9 deer and had shots at 4 of them but passed because I thought I might have better luck the next day. Shouldn't have passed them up. Live and learn. Ripley is an awesome place to try. I will be applying again this year. Lots of people but that's not a bad thing when you want the critters moving.