• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Deer & Bear Pictures

harvey lee

Very nice deer Charles. I dont know if you care but it might be worth it to take the rack to a certified scorer to see if it is big enough for Pope & Young. It looks to be pretty nice and could score well. It looks to be a 9 and it does take a very nice 8 to make the book, but it could be close.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• snoozebutton

• sticknstring

• maros91

Great deer. Good job on the pics too. I especially like how you have some fall colors in the daylight one with the leaves on the ground etc.

My first buck with archery. I was planning to hold out for something bigger, but when he came by so nice, I couldn't say no.

Yesterday AM.

2007Buck.jpg

Broadside at 20 yards. Short trail. smile.gif

Nice deer and shot. When they give you a great shot, its hard to let them walk by. A buck is a buck.

Congrats.

Good work Charles and snapcrackpop!

Great to see the Predator Grey snap....with leaf-off I'll be donning it this weekend.

Joel

Good job guys. One very nice deer & another very respectable buck, impressive first deer.

Nice deer guys! Things should really start heating up over the next 2 weeks! Good luck to all. I will be spending as much time in a tree as I can over these next 21 days or so grin.gif

Well everything came together for me last night. Arrowed a nice 10 pointer! I have pics.,but unfortunately I have to find the adapter to my camera to plug into the computer so I probably won't get pics uploaded until late tonight after 10PM because of work.

I got on stand last night about 5:05PM and did some light rattling and grunting and using The Can Call every 20-25 minutes. Around 6:10 I did a series of grunts and hit the can a couple times. About 7-8 minutes later I see a deer walking the creek edge . After he came out of the brush I noticed it was a nice buck. He was walking with his nose to the ground like he was trailing something. He was about 75 yards from me and then I hit the grunt call a couple times. He never stopped so I blew it real hard. He then stopped and stood still. I grunted then twice with one long grunt and one short grunt. He turned and trotted to me like he was on a string. He stopped about 21 yards from stand broadside and that's when I double lunged him. He ran about 150 yards and of course swam across the creek and made it half way up the bank and expired. After tracking him, falling into a drainage ditch up to my waist and draggin him up a steep ravine I finally got him out to my truck about 9:30PM. Lots of work , but well worth it. He is not real wide, but his tines are long and high. Definately biggest buck of ever taken. Hope to get pics up by tomorrow. After reading the post and seeing the pics the last couple of days it really got my blood flowing to get out. I wasn't able to get out for over a week and it was driving me nuts! I had a strange feeling about last night that the bucks would be moving and I guess I was right. I think things are starting to really heat up now and the chase faze is picking up. As I was tracking him I ran into alot of nice rubs and scrapes. Good luck to the rest of you and now is the time to be in the woods.

Congrats, can't wait to see the pics. This sight is great for information but can drive you nuts when you hear stories like yours and I'm sitting at work. grin.gif

Shot a doe this morning. I was asleep then I woke up and to my surprise this doe was 30 yards in front of me. drew back and let her rip and man did those rage broadheads release their rage inside her.

Archerydeer07032.jpg

Here is the buck I shot Mon. night. Sorry it took so long.My 5th buck with a bow and by far my biggest. Best thing about taking this one I've passed on probably ten to twelve bucks smaller than this the past three yrs.and it makes the wait all worth while.

FamilyPics349.jpg

This one is the night of Sorry for the blood on the mouth.

FamilyPics344.jpg

Atta boy Doser, congrats on a nice buck!! You will have to tell me the story at the invite.

Well that sucks, apparently something in the title won't get through the censor.

Here's an idea, substitute the "(contact us please)" with "steve 88 d" without the spaces and see if that works.

snooze.. awesome buck.. name it different in your photo bucket acct.. and it should work.. not sure what our filter is doing to it.

It's the steve 88 d that the filter is catching and that's the account name. What's that other web site people use beside Photobucket? I think I'll just start an account there for FM photos.

Snooze,

That is a brute!!! Check out the neck on that guy.

Hey Doser,

Nice buck! Did you shoot that one near Arlington?

Incredible deer snooze... How many guys did it take to get him in the truck???

Quote:

Incredible deer snooze... How many guys did it take to get him in the truck???

Just me but I drug him to a little bank and backed up on the low end so the tail gate was just about level with him. I tried loading him a flat ground but I could barely get his head up high enough.

Congrats Snooze. I think I need to get looking for Mr big since so many FMers are shooting some very nice deer this year.

Congrats to all for these great pictures and deer harvested.

Here's an 8-pointer that I shot Sunday morning. He's not a monster like the last couple of posters, but I'm plenty happy to take him. Twenty yards, double lung shot, he went about 80 yards. He responded to a doe bleat the previous morning but didn't present a close enough shot.

Notice that he has both tips broke off? The buck that most likely broke his tines off turned out to be a bigger 8-10 pointer that came in 30-minutes later. I had to watch as he came through broadside at 25 yards. crazy.gif

buck26.jpg

Nice One Haaad!

I am still looking for my first Archery deer and hoping to get a shot this week after work. I really want to post my succcess after my excitemnet wears off.

I shot my first deer with a bow and my first buck ever on saturday morning. I couldn't find my cousin's treestand because it was too dark so I sat in a log pile. I grunted him in and shot him at 20 yards. A half hour earlier I was drawn back on a bigger buck but it was still too dark to shoot. Oh well I'm happy with this one. It's hard to see in the pic but it's a 9 point.

deerem0.jpg

Congratulations on your first bowkill! Beautiful buck... You're lucky to have such a nice cousin to share his honeyhole.

Mitch

CONGRATS man, very nice deer and the fact that you shot it on the ground is all the more impressive.