• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyedan's Guide Service

We have been hopping and the fish have been cooperating (most days). Most of our fishing has been on Gull and there really hasn't been any reason to head elsewhere. We have been working all over the lake, the fish seem to be starting to slide down just a hair into deeper water. We caught a number of fish on jigs this a.m.. I went on a guided trip yesterday and had a blast. Jeff Anderson who has been doing quite a few fill-in trips with us took me out yesterday along with Larry and Steve from General Mills. Wow, was that fun to be a fisherman. I think I will have to do more of that.

Go Twins, it's not too late!

Good night,

Walleyedan

Will be in the area at my cabin (little lake, not the big ones) and will hopefully have my Dad on some smallies smile.gif

Also Dan, I finally did try a bit harder, and a box of 3" 12 ga. shells DO fit in the Arctic Armor jacket pockets, with just a tad bit of squeezing and using two hands, but they DO fit! smile.gif So I will most likely be getting a DuckBlind jacket from you at some time, but just spent a small fortune on roof and new windows in my old house, so funds are tight right now... drat...

Thanks,

Dan,

I heard you have an old pro working with you right now.

His name is Bruce.

A friend of mine was fishing with him last weekend and had a great time!

Box,

Glad you were able to squeeze them in. Don't you only need 6 shells though? What size do you wear in the jacket, we have two medium suits at the moment but are expecting more soon.

Walleyedan

Skeets,

Yep. Bruce has been very helpful and is one heck of a fisherman. There are not many guides like him out there, but now we have another to add to our already great crew. Glad to hear your friends had a good trip, love to hear that!

Walleyedan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey walleyedan, I am heading up to Upper Whitefish on Friday night for the weekend and just wondering how the Walleye action was over the past weekend. I know a big cold front is coming through Friday so I think I will be hitting the bass in the weeds but just wondering if you have done any trolling after dark with Raps or if you are still fishing with Lindy rigs and redtails/leeches. I always buy my bait at S and W bait because it is a great place. I know you also operate out of there as well. Anyway, just wondering and I hope you are having a great day!!

Merc40,

I have not given Whitefish the true test lately, I have only spent time fishng northerns up there as of late (last Friday and Saturday). Toby was up there guiding on Friday and Saturday and was fishing walleyes, he did well one day and only caught a few the next day (along with a number of northerns). We did catch some nice bass as we tried fishing some huge chubs for northerns. The bass were in deep water, 25 plus. We have been doing quite well on the Gull Lake walleyes and I just got done cleaning up after a good trip this a.m.. I had a nice couple out from Indiana and they were loving it! We are still rigging with red tails. Yes, you are right I have been operating out of S&W for the past few years. Sherree does have the best walleye bait, hands down. I will look for the Merc 40 up on the Chain this weekend.

Take care,

Walleyedan

Thanks for the info walleyedan. I will be out fishing on Saturday and Sunday on upper and middle Whitefish. Glad the northerns are biting and I am a big bass guy and love fishing the chain for them. Thanks again!!

Dan,

I will be up on the Chain this Saturday for the final day of our league. My bro-in-law and I are planning on putting in our time on Big Trout for some big hawgs.

I have not seen you for awhile so we will stop by if we see you. We will be in a green Smokercraft with a Merc.

Brett

Baxter

Hi Brett,

It's going to be busy up there. Northerns Inc., yours, lots of fall fishers and those darn guides. What an awesome day today, maybe a bit too much wind though. Good luck and maybe see you up there (I'm sure you'll see me). Hope all is well.

Walleyedan

Good to hear back from you Dan. A few of us were wondering if N.I. was going to be there again this year. It makes it more interesting trying find spots that have not been hammered.

I have not fished since June because of a broken collar bone, and having surgery. So I am anxious to get in the boat tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow.

Brett

Hey Dan, Just wanted to let you know that I was fishing Upper Whitefish Saturday and Sunday and the Walleyes cooperated. My dad was up on Friday and hooked a beautiful, healthy 19 incher on a spinner rig with a redtail from S & W wink.gif and I hooked into a very fat 22 incher on Saturday morning before the rain/mist hit around noon. The bass were biting everywhere from under docks to in the weeds to near the shore to out on the weed line. I think we missed at least one more eye trolling rapalas but overall had a great weeekend. We have fished the chain and stayed at Heath's for over 30 years now and absolutely love the chain. I noticed they have one of your brochures in the resort office so hopefully you will get some calls from people there this fall!! Have a great week and good luck out on the water this week!!