• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recent amount of rain & area lakes

Will all the rain we have had in the last few weeks effect the lake levels at all? I fish lake Jane quite often, and that launch is so shallow. Just wondering if we will need significant more rain fall to really effect the lake levels.

Around me, some lakes have risen six inches or more. It sure makes landing you're boat easier. Also makes the grass nice and green.

6" K Dawg? Wow. How much rain did you get in Buff?

Maybe there is hope. I wouldn't mind another shot like that before duck opener (without the excessive amounts in the SE)

I live about 8 miles from the source of the Des Moines river. It was pretty much bone dry a week ago, and it's flowing now. I know that isn't good news for people down river, but it's good for us.

Lime lake in Avoca has risen at least 8 inches. I feel that estimate is lower than the actual rise.

Local duck sloughs and swamps are no longer popcorn fart dry. They actually have water in them.

I haven't checked the lakes in the Zimmerman area but on my rain gauge from 8/13/07 to 8/20/07 we recieved 5.25 inches!! Today will add some more and I didn't have the gauge out the 10-12th when we had some rain I believe.

We still haven't received any rain in the Ottertail and Wadena area. All the rains have been going North and South. I haven't mowed my lawn since July 4th.

Quote:

We still haven't received any rain in the Ottertail and Wadena area. All the rains have been going North and South. I haven't mowed my lawn since July 4th.

Same here in the Hayward WI area. Lakes are way down and some of the landings are getting pretty bad.

Alan - Have you been to Jane in the last couple of days? I'm planning on going out there this afternoon and I was wondering if the launch has gotten any deeper.

No, I have not been there in a week or so. I was thinking about going there this Sunday. Post some feedback on the launch if you go before Sunday...as I will after Sunday if I get there, but I could hit Olson and Demontriville instead...

yeah freemont has alot of shore showing on the east side of the lake.....although I drive by it everyday I have not been able to see if it has risen since the latest rains....I would guess it would have to raise a little being that we recieved 5+ inches of rain!!

Alan - The launch on Jane is still plenty shallow. It's fine right where you launch, but still really shallow going out quite a way. When we were coming in for the evening there were some kids out fishing in the water that had to be out 50-60 feet and it was only up to their knees.

Freemont by the way is up now.....the little bay in the east se corner is up to the level it was this spring!! Just 2 weeks ago you could walk across the opening of the bay now it has alot more water!! More rain last night and today...thing are looking better!!