• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SOOOOOooo sick of this word!

blue_healer_guy

BATTLED! Gardy used it again in the post game. For once I'd like for him to tell the truth.... we gave up on the season at the trade deadline thanks to our trillionaire owner who didn't get my club a bat, this year and the previous 3. Say it gardy, just say it! I can think of awhole lot of men and wowen who really are BATTLING.

So in your opinion the twins are 1 batter away from contending?

Who is this person that would have given us 5 or 6 RBIs a night?

The Twins need way more than one more player. These other dudes like Jones and Watkins I doubt will be much of anything. I guess some change might be good but we need to have something a little better in reserve. Some of these guys batting averages are really poor.

One might as well face the facts, they are as poor this year as they were good last year. complete reversal.

just like everybody says we need a 3B, LF and DH, and maybe a SS. the only chance we have next year is if next years rotation is lights out, and all the young guys are good to great. Santana, Garza, Liriano, Baker, Silva sounds pretty good. plus Slowey/Perkins if one doesnt succeed. who knows. money needs to be spent in the offseason.

Last season was the once every other decade chance that a team like the Twins has, when all there minor league players in the starting lineup have a career year.... didn't happen last year, and it won't happen for some time again.

You know it's bad when your DH is batting .150....(Jones) in a key game, heck every game from here on out is key.

Thats twins ball though, I guess it's part of the appeal.

Bonser should be moved to the pen...then he wont need to worry about lasting more than 3 innings and he can stay fat.

I'm just soooo happy we did not give up Juan Rincon for Ty Wigginton. Can Rincon get anyone out??????? As soon as he came in last nite, I knew the game was over.

Sled, I agree we need more than 1 bat, but if we had just 1, a decent one, that 6 1/2 could be 3. I know it's the twins style and all, but they have not capitalized on poor play from the kitties and indians because of the format this team sticks to. Simply Battling day in and day out is a cop out for really saying we are not that good.

At least they are battling their tails off. grin.gif

I am sick of it too. Next year we could have the same core + Liriano. If our management can't see that spending a few extra bucks could put us in the WS, then they never will.

PS Castillo is only batting like .350 since he joined the Mets and getting on base at a .390 clip. Didn't need him. smirk.gif