• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

HansB

I was working the shoreline near the "Boathouse" for smallies the other day and discovered a pontoon with a 300HP outboard on it.

"My, My, My" sez I to me. "That's gotta be the fastest grandkid-hauling sunfish-catching barge on the lake."

But wait!!!!!!!!!!!

A few minutes later, just down the shorline about 3 docks is ANOTHER fast looking pontoon. This one had a matched pair of 225HP Evinrude ETec's on the rear.

Some guys have more money than good sense! Why would I want a 450HP pontoon boat?

I served on Navy destroyers with less power than that! Well, OK, not really, but if I could afford two 225HP ETecs, they wouldn't be on a granny pole-fishing pontoon --- they'd be on a pair of REALLY NICE walleye boats!

SledNeck

a few years ago 75 hp was a big motor on a pontoon boat.

delcecchi

That be the founders/owners of Premier Pontoons. They have a place on the west end. drive around and you can figure out where. On Head o Lakes.

I hear next years unit will have 4strokes. BTW, I saw it get towed in by a lund from just east of Taylor's Island

fishingdad

I saw the twin missle powered pontoon a couple weeks ago myself and that thing was doing close to 50 mph and they looked to be having fun. I also heard they got towed in because they ran out of fuel (imagine that)

Sorgy

Holy Crap how fast was it going behind that lund tongue.gif A picture would be worth a thousand words cool.gif

delcecchi

It was going maybe 1 mph. they could have trolled for walleye all the way home. Took them a long time to get hooked up.

blarkey

was told by a guy that was on it during the fourth of July that it went 55 mph and burnt eighty gallons of gas

Grant Pearson

Quote:

was told by a guy that was on it during the fourth of July that it went 55 mph and burnt eighty gallons of gas

That's absurd for a pontoon. But, if you've got money to burn, have fun. But then, I know better ways to put that money to good use. I'd gladly help them spend it with a kid on the way and a few bills that need to get paid.

Slip Sinker

Hans, I agree. That was my first reaction when I saw those pontoons. Why would anyone waste their money on that much hp for a pontoon? Oh well, to each their own.

Slugo

The first time I saw a pontoon like that was on Kabatogma.

It was used by the Kettle Falls hotel to haul supplies.

I thought the same thing til somone told me what it was used for....seemed reasonable then...but just for fun????

Cliff Wagenbach

I saw that rocket yesterday! Man does that thing fly! shocked.gif

Cliff