• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Landing?

davesfriend

I am heading for the big pond this weekend and I have a 175 sportfish. I am looking for a landing that hasn't been power loaded so many times. I don't want to tear my trailer apart.. Is it better to pay to land? I would like to be on the west side by Garrison or around there. Anybody know of any hot spots? Thanks..

Red door, where abouts is that? Is that by eddy's or more north? Thank you.

Where do you plan on fishing or are you neutral there? Also it is going to be hard to find a power launching free access. The lake is full of large boats that can not be loaded any other way. Where ever you decide to go north or south I think the $10 is well worth using a resort launch. They have a stake in keeping it clean and safe.

I am gathering info for our yearly Garrison/September trip. We normally launch at Garrison. Yesterday the Garrison launch only had one trailer parked there, and the restroom was fenced off. What problem is created by boats powering on? I am going to guess that holes and rock piles are created? Last year Wealthwood was too low, I would expect worse now. A few weeks ago Vineland had a full parking lot. What is the report there? Thanks for the help.

I launched 175 deep v at garrison on saturday the 25th. It was mighty shallow. We made it though. Power loading creates a deep hole at the end of the slab. If you drop your trailer tires in there you will rip something apart if you can get it out. Or get lucky and nothing bad happens.