• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My weekend report

RonZ

We fished for 6 hours Friday. It was a beautiful slight wind day. We hit Doe island and Hawkbill point for smallies. Didn't do very well. We threw tubes,cranks,top water and live bait. This area of the lake had alot of boats around it fishing bass and musky. We trolled no mans land for 1 1/2 hours with deep tail dancers.(nothing) We marked tons of bait fish out around the mud. We seen a few boats on top of the Blue Jug and that was it. Some in our group fished sloppys Friday night from 9 to 1:00 am. 2, walleye 26" and one missed bite. Another boat went to Rocky Reef. 1, 8" walleye and a small perch.

Saturday was windy,rainy and cool. I fished from 8:30am to 11:30. I was driving across hawkbill reef when my hat flew off for the second time. Picked it up and looked at my graph and was marking fish. I was in 21ft of water. Tried anchoring and bobber fishing. Caught perch. Anchor was having a hard time keeeping me in place. I should have drifted with the sea anchors or trolled some cranks but deciced to get out of the wind/rain. It was pretty slow fishing. I didn't see one boat pull in a fish. There was a small group of boats fishing the east side of hennipen island. Looked like they were anchored. Otherwise everyone was moving around alot.