• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Santana = 17K

hanson

Got the win too. At 1-0, they could have easily lost this one. Please, please, please gives these guys some run support. Oh, and please, please, please sign this guy to an extensive.

It would be great if the twins could keep Santana. However, his recent comments have me thinking he is leaving regardless of the twins offer. Awesome performance today!

Ya'll can agree with Santana's comments from a few weeks ago or not, but I think he is right on the money.

It ain't going to happen this year but lets position ourselves for next year (and beyond). Get this guy signed, get our other big shots signed, and build from there. It costs money to make money, the fans are getting tired of waiting.

New stadium on the way... would be a shame if no one showed up to watch in a few years. Remember the Doug Meintkewicz fanclub in left field from 5 years ago, they were the only guys sitting out there.

I had the pleasure of watching the game in person and Santana was absolutely spectacular! Never before at a game did I look forward to our lineup to get done in order to watch our pitcher. It was quite a performance.

He was filthy today. It makes you wonder what might have happened if Sosa hadn't played...

Quote:

Ya'll can agree with Santana's comments from a few weeks ago or not, but I think he is right on the money.

It ain't going to happen this year but lets position ourselves for next year (and beyond). Get this guy signed, get our other big shots signed, and build from there. It costs money to make money, the fans are getting tired of waiting.

New stadium on the way... would be a shame if no one showed up to watch in a few years. Remember the Doug Meintkewicz fanclub in left field from 5 years ago, they were the only guys sitting out there.

Sure that wasnt the Latroy Hawkins fan club?

Do whatever it takes to get him signed. I know the Zambrano and Zito contracts don't help us at all but get him signed. By far the best change up in the game.

It's sad you had to worry about him losing the game when Nathan put one on in the ninth or when Sosa crushed that ball just a few feet foul. He should have pitched the ninth and gone for Clemens' record of 20Ks.

Quote:

It's sad you had to worry about him losing the game when Nathan put one on in the ninth or when Sosa crushed that ball just a few feet foul. He should have pitched the ninth and gone for Clemens' record of 20Ks.

Yep. They did Santana wrong by taking him out. Twins are overprotective of their pitchers to a fault.

he was at 112 pitches after 8 innings and the last 2 batters Sosa and Cruz maybe both hit him hard foul....they made the right decision......

You need Santana if you are going to have a chance down the stretch. You don't need him going out there trying to strike guys out when he's already at 112 pitches. By all accounts Santana was 100% cool with coming out, he knows the win is the important thing. I think they did just fine taking him out.

yeah but as a fan you want to see history happen when you're that close. i would've liked to see him go out in the 9th and if he didn't strike out the first guy, then take him out.

Quote:

yeah but as a fan you want to see history happen when you're that close. i would've liked to see him go out in the 9th and if he didn't strike out the first guy, then take him out.

YEP.

We really dont have much to play for at this point and this would be huge for twins fans. Chances are slim to none that we'll win the division.

well he couldn't break any records only tie them so big deal....The Twins are a great organization for this.....alot of clubs would let him go out there and throw some more but they don't think about the players career. If they always let him throw for the shut out or CG or records it is just going to take away from his overall career. It can be frusterating as a fan but in the long run it was a right decision..IMO

We are only 6 games out with a ton left to play against the division leaders.

We probably don't have as good a team as last year but we also aren't as far behind as we were last year. There is still hope, I mean come on its not like we are the Chicago White Sox or something.

What if he would have gone out for the ninth , got up around the 125 + pitch count and boom , blows out the rotator cuff or something ? They watch the pitch count very closely and from what I hear there is very little wiggle room . Probably a good thing . For some reason I was thinking that Scott Erickson had a 20 strikeout game , he didn't , then I heard that the last time a Twin had a 15 stikeout game it was Bert back in the mid 80's . Made me appriciate what Santana did a bit more .

It is easy to say that he should have pitched the 9th, but you're right, they really watch the pitch count. I think the right call was made.

If you read the sports page today(pioneer press) You would know that santana took him self out of the game. When he went out for a curtain call in between the 8th and 9th gardy asked rick anderson, hey whats that mean?, and rick anderson said, I guess he's done. Santana is smart enough to know when he has thrown enough pitches and is also smart enough to have confidence in one of the BEST most RELIABLE closers in the game to close it out for him. You shouldnt go off bad mouthing the organization when you dont know the details of the situation.

Santana was throwing some nasty stuff for sure. Also helped the other team got hammered the night before and were all hung over. wink.gif

i could be wrong, but I believe Kerry Wood has 20K and the Big Unit has 19k in one game and I think the Unit had 18 in another. I think those are at least the modern day records.

IF Black magic had K'ed two more in the 9th, I think he would have tied the AL record and if 3, would have broken the AL record and tied MLB record of Wood's 20K. IF's and buts....

if he would have hit 20 strikeouts he would have tied a MLB record with Roger Clemens who did it twice and Kerry Wood....Nolan Ryan had 19K's in 3 different games in one season!!!

Biff yes Scott Erickson did throw a no-hitter with the Twins!!!

I am glad Santana didn't hit 20 k's, if he did his price tag sure wouldn't have gone down any but it might have trickled up a little.