• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

weather related fishing

How is fishing in light rain or after it rains. With the cooler temps how does this affect fishing. I probably haven't fished in the rain in years. Just curious how one would do on a day like this. Thanks for any advise.

I just got a boat this year and have this question as well. It doesn't seem to be stormy at all but would the bass/walleye/panfish bite much in this weather? Tomorrow might be crappy as well.

It wasnt raining, but I have done ok the last 2 times out, yesterday(monday) and Friday. Bass action seemed to be about the same as when it was hot, maybe a little better in the shallow then before. I would also like to hear what some of the more experience fisherpeople have to say about how the fish are reacting to this weather shift.

Fishing in this type of weather is actually my favorite time to go. I know it isn't a whole lot of fun sitting in the rain but it sure seems to me that the fish seem more active than usual. I was out on a lake fishing with spinner baits on Sunday and caught literally every species (for this lake)of fish except for a sunny, bullhead, and carp. It was quite a time. Plus it is nice not having all of the pleasure boaters flying by you. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

I agree, I really enjoy this kind of weather, and the fish seem to be biting good, had one of my better outings yesterday in the clouds/sprinkles, and I have had a great lake to myself most of the time, maybe 1 other boat at times.

Its just going to keep getting better!

I have had some of my best fishing success in the rain or overcast days. Big fish like days like that.

As long as it's not pouring out, I will go out and brave the weather to fish. Definately give it a try. You will also have less competition and less recreational boaters bothering you.

Fished sunday and monday evenings on tonka. Weather wasn't the best. We had a hard time finding the ski's. On Monday I brought my boy along and had a blast with the crappies in the rocks. Caught quite a few decent ones 12-14". Also caught 3-4 walleyes in the mix. Odd but there were tons of panfish stacked up along the long edge from the rocks. Marked them tightly stacked probably a 1/4 mile or more. Wish I had brought marcum along to check things out. O wells. Will be out there again with the boy. If your out there come say hi, black alumacraft w/ 90 yami. We'll probably hit the west tonight around rocks.