• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will there be any "The Sox are in last place!" threads started here?

Spinner1

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Thats what the highest payroll in the central gets you.

I was going to. 2 years removed from winning the world series and not losing any major players and in last place- sad.

I think I'd control myself. The Twins seem to be heading the same direction. I'd feel like a little kid chanting, " Your team sucks more than my team!"

You are right Cicada. It certainly isn't over yet. As far as the first to worst thing goes, I think most teams are only a couple players away from either extreme. I am very surprised to see the Sox where they are right now though. The pitching was suspect last year, but they could flat score some runs.

Cicada,

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper. However, at the moment, the Windy City has the dubious honor of possessing both the best last place team....

AND THE WORST FIRST PLACE TEAM!!!

Windy

Windy,

And I thought ("they are dead to me") you didn't care anymore?

You forgot to mention the WSox are also the best last place team on an 8 game losing streak.

And they are the best last place team to get swept by the NL Central Leading Cubbies this year (which just may have been the start of their slide).

Oh yeah, and they must be the best Pitching rotation in all of baseball and still be in last place.

GO KC!

PS I told CNY Tim you might be a jinx on his Cards....keep rooting against the Cubbies.

Sled,

Ditto, Dye and Meyers. Looks like they are trying to pose to make those season tix holders think they are serious about next year. Buehrle already in at 56 Mil. I will wait to see if they pop some of the big boys who will be on the market. Word around here is that they are looking at Tori. We shall see.

Geno,

Popping off and sounding cocky, that is just where I want you. All the more sweeter when the Cubbies come crashing down. And we all know they will come crashing down, not a matter of if but when!!! Having already given up on this season it is nice to just sit back and pick off the weekest members of the herd! LOL

Windy

Signing dye was Huge although it had little to do with season ticket holders for the Sox as if there was such a thing in Sox land... grin.gif

I think the rest of the league is quite happy Buerle was signed yes even the Twins who have struggled against him.

The Sox as bad as they are are not as far away from contending again as most would like to believe.

Go Ozzie! grin.gif

Windy,

Just stating facts which are certainly true so they can't be taken as cockiness.

Not looking good right now, though, especially if they can't continue after this downpour.

Oh yeah, and if anybody should know what it feels like to come crashing down, it is the BEST LAST PLACE TEAM and their No. 1 FM fan.

Geno,

I still have the glow in my eye from my shiny World Series Champions ring. It is two years old but still shines brighter than anything on the North Side of town. Still sounds like you are starting to feel your oats and I am just trying to help ease your pain that is coming....and it is coming because...THEY ARE THE CUBS! We got ours, when are you going to get yours???

Windy

Quote:

Geno,

I still have the glow in my eye from my shiny World Series Champions ring. It is two years old but still shines brighter than anything on the North Side of town. Still sounds like you are starting to feel your oats and I am just trying to help ease your pain that is coming....and it is coming because...THEY ARE THE CUBS! We got ours, when are you going to get yours???

Windy

I'd go easy fella- if not for 2005 they haven't won a Series since 1917. 3 Worlds Series championships since the teams existance (1904 first year as White Sox) not exactly the Yankees, huh?

tongue.gif

Sorry, but I cheer on the Cubbies, I know you're just Gene some crud, but I thought I would give some back

Zamboni,

I am not comparing my beloved to the Yankees, I am comparing them to THE CUBS!!! And we got MO! This has been going on since the dawn of time when Ogg and Mogg the first two cavemen in Chicago, at the time called Chee Caw Go started arguing over which dinosaur was faster. And now it has morphed into me and Geno. It's all good, we are just two middle aged goofs havin fun in the Windy!

Windy

Quote:

Having already given up on this season it is nice to just sit back and pick off the weekest members of the herd! LOL

Windy

Can you really sit and pick off the weakest members of the herd when you are the herd member already being circled by the vultures? grin.gif

Watch out there Fishy,

There are lots of eyeballs out there with fatter wallets than the Twinks and they have Mr. Santana and Mr. Hunter in their sites. Would not surprise me at all to see Mr. Hunter patrolling the green green grass of US Cellular very soon!!!

Windy

Isn't Torii public enemy #1 down there because your sissy of a catcher couldn't take a legal hit?

The way I see it the Sox only have one thing in their favor and that is the bigger wallet than our Twinks. Outside of that, they have many things working against them. They are on a downhill slide and have some holes to fill in a pitching staff. They have some aging veterans that are breaking down. They have AJ. And if I remember right, Torii hasn't been too appreciative of some of the trash they have talked after getting beat out by the Twins.

That said, I think the Mets, Yanks, Red Sox and possibly the Cubs are closer to competing for a title than your Pale Sox and have wallets just as large or larger.

Quote:

Beautiful, Fishy, just beautiful! Well said.

When it is sitting there looking as big as a John Garland fastball what choice do you have but to swing hard.

Yeah Chicago has a big payroll, but with the exception of one fluke year they are perennial losers to teams in the division with smaller payrolls and much smaller metro areas. And that just makes EVERYONE willing to jump on board....especially pitchers.

Fishy,

You seem to have re-directed this thread. I was responding to your statement that the "vultures were circling" here in Chicago and I told you to watch your own back with Santana and Hunter. I never said anything about us contending or getting back in the race, I had actually said long ago that I had given up on this season. I think the words "they are dead to me" were posted many months ago (right Geno).

To the original point, we have all our players signed up that need to be signed up. Buehrle, Dye, Konerko, Thome and we are getting an infusion of decent new talent with Fields, Richar and Owens. We did not get the job done this year but the fact still remains that among the Pale Hose, Twinks and Cubbies we have the newest hardware and it is only two years old. The Twinks hardware has quite a bit of tarnish on it and the Cubbies are still searching below the pyramids in Egypt to unearth their last championship trophy.

I still believe you are much more open to be "picked clean" by the vultures with YO-Han looking for the lottery and Mr Hunter in the sites of many teams with open wallets.

Windy

I was not redirecting the thread intentionally but I was responding to your message about Hunter patrolling center field in The Cell. My point about the other teams being closer to contending was not about this year but about the attractiveness of the other teams to a free agent looking for a ring.

I don't see where I ever doubted your realistic view of your team. I remember well your "dead to me" comment.