• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Decent Week....Now with Pictures!!!

Got back this past Monday from Cass........would have been an unbelievable muskie trip had we landed ones that were hooked.......but unfortunately lost.

I ended up with a 49".

Brad got a 49.5" and a 35.5".

And poor Mike lost 3 fish on my boat alone that went upper 40"s to maybe low 50's on one of them......One lost due to a run under the boat to cut the line on the motor. Another one lost on a 3' high jump out of the water, and the other lost on a figure 8 on our last night (ask Brian, he was with us)...all were hooked. So that could have been 5 fish over 49".

I'll post the pics soon.

Man, you were deffinitely on the fish! Congrat's! You guys were really dialed in! Again, Congrats!

Todd

sounds like a great trip! Not asking for specific spots but was wondering if most of your action came out of Allens Bay or Cass? This year, its been out of Allens Bay for me, but no hookups.

Actually, we don't even fish Allen's Bay for some reason. Just for panfish and little guys.

All of our fish came on the main lake.

153048671503_0_ALB.jpg374628671503_0_ALB.jpg705038671503_0_ALB.jpg363638671503_0_ALB.jpg

Can everyone see the pictures in my previous post? I had somebody look and they saw 4 red X marks..........

I especially like the 3rd red X... the lighting and backround are superb!!! grin.gif Was that in front of Cerad Island? hehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

Commanche Jim... send the pics to me... I'll post 'em for you. ken at wincolandscape (Contact Us Please) com

oh really, I guess I should try fishing the main lake more then! I cant see any of the pictures

We did have alot of fun this year. It's too bad poor Mikey couldn't get one of those fish in the boat! He's been on a tough streak with losing fish.

As always, it was great to see Brian and Samantha. Somebody needs to ask Samantha about her cheesecake! Out of this world!!!! Brian put us on some walleye, so we had a few to take home with us. Overall, another wonderful week at Cass Lake!

Pics Jim was trying to attach are now attached.

[image]49_5Cropped.jpg[/image]

[image]IMG_6192.JPG.jpg[/image] [image]IMG_6169.JPG.jpg[/image]

What about the release pic that you took? That's the best one I think........

And, yes, the Cheesecake was outstanding.

Had it not been for the horse that ran over Sam, we could have spent more time together. Glad she's going to be okay.

nice fish and pictures, looks like it was calm out there in the last pic. So did the double cowgirl get any hookups!?

Hmmmm.... So that's what those things look like. If it wasn't for you guys, I might have forgotten. It was nice seeing you guys back up here. Hopefully I'll see ya again next year. Oh, and I never did see that big girl again (yet) that I was bragging up. I thinks she's still safe and sound here in Allen's...

Hey guys. Sounds like a great trip. I was looking at that last pic and that fish looked strangely familiar! Looked through some old pics......Catch and release does work! I caught that same fish in 2004 at 47"!!!

fish2.jpg

_casslake19.JPG

Looks like the same fish to me!!!

Checking out the spots and other markings on the fish, I would have to agree... has to be the same fish. This is good news! Hopefully, Brian can help me catch the same fish next year... on spinning gear!

-Gregg B.

Good Eye Bob,

Nice pick up. I am not a muskie fanatic, I stick to the walters myself, but I would have to agree. Those look like the same fish. Nice catch for the both you and Jim and I know Brian will be glad to see that she recovered from both catches and releases. Way to show all those Twinkie fans that us boys from Illinoiz know a thing or two about catching fish!!! LOL

Windy

Hey... I might have moved from Chicago to the Twin-cities, but I am certainly not a Twinkie fan! At least I am still a south-sider over here (south suburb of Minneapolis). Eh... what does it matter anyway... I've always been more of a Cub fan. I know... blasphemy! shocked.gif

-Gregg B.

A Cubs fan in the Twin Cities from the South Side....

Gregg, you're killing me man! LOL

Windy

Yeah... I got hell from people about being a Cubs fan when I lived in Oak Lawn too... Oh, well...

-G.B.

I grew up in Burbank, used to be called South Stickey. Went to Reavis, hated Oak Lawn, used to beat them up in football and they would get back at us in basketball. Small world.

Windy

Well, I went to a private high school in Chicago anyway... Marist H.S.

-Gregg B.

115 & Pulaski? I know the owner of S & T Provisions over there. Home of the famous Pizza Kits. Small world, though I would hate to have to paint it, LOL I grew up around 81st and Austin area right next to Oak Lawn.

Windy

Yes... you definately got the adress right... small world indeed. I lived on the corner of 96th & 51st. The big Metra commuter parking lot is just across the street.

As an aside, I can say this: fishing is much better around the twin-city metro area than it is around the Chicago area. When I was I kid, the best fishing I could get was the crappy forest preserve lakes. Tampier, Maple and Saganashkee... what holes nowadays! The best fishing I found was over in the Kankakee River... of course, that was one hell of a bicycle ride from Oak Lawn (don't ask me how I know). I've caught more big fish here in 3 months than I ever did in all my years in Chi-town...

-Gregg B.

Did you ever try Heideke Lake in Morris? I have taken many walleye in the 16-19" range out of their and have a Master Angler award for a 16.5" Black Crappie. They also have muskie in there so that adds to the excitement as well as some huge stripers.

Windy

I think I posted this before... but I grew up on W. 80th Place, right off Columbus and Pulaski.

I was born in Blue Island and moved to Oak Lawn and finally over to W. 80th on the South Side. That was back in the 60's - early 70's... just went to grade school there, Daas Elementary. Born in Christ Community Hospital. I think both have been re-named.

I remember going with my cousins to Crystal Lake and also some forest preserve ponds by Glen Elleyn. Those were the days! We always made and had plenty of fun...

Went by the old house a couple years back. She was a beauty!... all 900 (sf) of her! Boy they sure take care of their homes in Chi-town compared to here. The block looked as good today as it did back when I lived there. There were even a couple of neighbors who still lived in their houses and it sure was neat to see them 30 years later!

Good Luck!

Ken

Labs,

Not sure about the old school yard but Christ Community is still the same name. I remember going to a fast food dive called Naugles across from Christ and it was open till 4 am. We used to go to their drive in with my buddies dune buggy at about 3 am, drunker than skunks! Great Macho Nacho's! Memories.....

Windy

I've been to Heideke once before... long time ago. If I remember right, it is a cooling lake for a ComEd powerplant, right? I didn't have much luck out there. Of course, I didn't even have a depth finder back in those days. It's so close to the Kankakee River anyway and I always liked hooking up with the smallies while wading the KKK.

-Gregg B.

That's amazing.........look at the little circle mark about 6 inches from the gill plate. THAT IS THE SAME FISH.....Where did you catch it?

By the way, I graduated from Marist in 89.

OK... this is getting scary now... I am an '89 Marist graduate as well. What's you last name, Jim? Just how small is this world?

-Gregg Benedict

Wow..........I remember you. Jim Burke

I was about 70 pounds lighter back then.

And Windy, we used to do the S&T's pizza setups regularly.

They were good. We found an Italian store not to far from our house at 143rd and Wolf that's pretty close. Italia Imports.

OK! Now that this "memory fest" is over, when are we doing a Fishing Minnesota get together at Stoney Point? Looks like we have alot of locals out here!