• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

help,,, goin to "the pond" for first time sept 1st.. tube jigs?

troyslund

this is my first listing.. i bought my first boat this summer it's a lund 1650 angler w a 40 horse.. hoping this is plenty of boat for mille lacs.. i have never fished tube jigs before and don't know how to rig them--anyone have any suggestions.. main focus will be on walleyes.. anyone have any suggestions for eyes on sept 1st.. i'm stayin in s.e. corner near isle.. i have been reading all the inputs on boat anchors.. i just bought a waterspike w a 150' rope due to all the advice.. hope it does the trick. all advice is appreciated..

keep a tight line!

I would leave the tube jigs at home (for walleyes). I would try pulling cranks around doe Island Reef or Shaws. I have have had luck in Pubie access bay south of Sunset (up by island and not Doe) with cranks shallow during early fall time. I would not rule out live rigging for walleyes. I also would try frogs in a little shallower. I know guys will have many other idea's, but this seems to work for me..

Unless you're looking for smallies, which isn't a bad idea on Mille Lacs, your going to want to change your bait. Try trolling crankbaits during day and evening. Live bait and a slip bobber works well at night too.

Thanks EYEBJIM!!!

Troyslund,

That sounds like enough boat for MIlle Lacs..

Good luck...