• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I walked out to Gamehaven today to see if I could run into any bass although I'd never caught a bass longer than 13" or so in this lake. After a fishing about an hour and catching several bass in the 10-12" range I had pretty much decided that catching a bass of any size in Gamehaven would be all but impossible. Then, right as I was about to leave I hooked into one that felt pretty heavy. Initially I thougt I was just pulling in a fish wrapped in weeds, but it turned out that I actually did catch a bass of decent size in Gamehaven. [image]http://tkfiles.storage.live.com/y1pachaXYg-oNJ5M4wraaLIduDffZsoabitn41YBrJ0UiSlL2OgyWHpuo7KNpfd4nT8dxXHJui6B7Q[/image]

I'm not sure why FM will not recognize that image/link you have to your picture, but I've seen this problem before when there is all those number&letters to deal with.

Safest bet would be to follow the directions listed above in the How to Post pictures.

BTW. Super impressive bass you got there! Care to share what you caught her on? Length?

Nick and chunky.

I caught the bass on a 4" Tequilla Sunrise colored Berkley Powerworm off the dam. Unfortunately while I was taking the picture with my camera on timer the fish thrashed out of my hand and landed on the rock dam, which was surprising since it didn't put up that great of a fight for a fish its size. It took a while to revive it in the water but it did swim away. I hope he survived.

It measured 19" and I would guess it weighed between 4 and 5 lbs. If anyone else would care to share some bass strategies for this lake that would be great as this is the first time I've caught one with any real size at Gamehaven.

I've heard of some pretty big bass in there; it probably dosen't get fished too hard. We tried to haul a porta-bote out there a week or so ago; that didn't go too well at first but we figured out a way. We got most of our bass on scum frogs and senkos. They were all around a foot long, though.

Nice fish and thank you for the CPR!

I hauled in a canoe about a week ago with a buddy and caught the usual assortment of sunfish, crappie and small bass but nothing noteworthy.

There are a few nice ones in there.....I caught one 2 years ago crappie fishing that was somewhere 19-21"....the one time in the past few years i didn't have my camera. Caught it early crappie fishing before bass opener on a tiny tube. I have also witnessed a lot of bass being kept out of gamehaven by certain segments of our diverse community...

J

Quote:

I have also witnessed a lot of bass being kept out of gamehaven by certain segments of our diverse community...

J

And all legally liscensed I am sure! smirk.gif

I feel like on a like of this size with a high number of bass 12" and under it's probably a good thing to have some of the smaller bass harvested--just so long as the bigger fish are put back. Like many lakes with minimum size limits, populations seem to grow right up to the size limit because the gene pool is filled with the smaller fish. In this lake it'd be nice to have the large population of small bass thinned out to make room for bigger fish. I feel the same way about Willow Creek reservoir.

game haven is a great fishery. There is plenty of small or eatible sized fish and then there is some Hawgs. It is very important that the big girls get put back they make 3 to 4 times the eggs i would imagine. And i have heard that 6lbs is doable out there during the right times.

good luck and be smart out there

ike