• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tom M, and I got up early this AM and headed out fishing. Thing went just as they do most of the time. First off a small Walleye 15". Five minutes later 2 Lm Bass at 16". So far just the same old thing. Around 9am the sun was brite so we switched to gold and black, we were having alot of hit but couldn't get a hook into the fish. Then I switched to gold and orange. Things changed! ooo.gif The next pass I hooked a 17lb Carp by the tail. It took over 5min to land. The next pass I hooked a Carp in the back that weighted over 25lb (We could only weight fish up to 25lbs) and took over 10mins to land. Tom M. then switched over to gold/orange He landed Carp at 16lb and lost another one that was bigger at the side of the boat. He then cought two flatheads one at 10lbs and another around 6lbs. We then took a break for lunch.

We were back on the lake at 1 pm but this time with my phone camera. On the first trolling run we had a good run but the hook pulled loose. We turned around and made another pass. This time I got a good hook set. 20 minutes later we landed a Carp that was about twice the size of the one that was over 25 lbs. I have a jpg on my phone but I’m having a hard time getting it to E-mail. I’ll post it soon. During the next hour we landed three more Flathead and a 27” Northern.

[image]photo-0165.jpg[/image]

The total weight of fish was over 140lbs for the day!

Oh yea! They all taste the same!

Cool report. There isn't anything you won't troll for. smirk.gif Sounds like a fun day.

Muddog, you need a net like I have for bigger fish. You can put a 60" sturgeon in it or a 50# flathead. I dont think there is a fish in Minnesota that you could not net with it.

Now how about that for a Carp! 8lb test Fireline on a Med-light spinning rod. I hooked it in 12 FOW it ran to 20 FOW then to 2 FOW back to 20 FOW where we managed to get a net under it.

As I said; I boated another one that was around half the size of the one in the picture and it was over 25lbs.

Yep. I didn't have a tape over 36" or a scale that went over 25lbs so 40lbs will have to do.

When the tail was touching the floor of my boat the nose of the fish was just past my belt line. That is 40"s.

Quote:

There isn't anything you won't troll for.

As I see it, there are two kinds of fish.

(1) small fish

(2) Big fish

So you could say there is only one thing I won't troll for, small fish. Or you could say, I only troll for one thing, big fish. If it hits and starts taking out line until I throw the motor into reverse and start after it. That is what I'm fishing for!

You should have seen it. I drifted over the area and the big fish were on the bottom like Railroad ties, one after another, after another, after another, after another. Schools of bait fish all over. In one spot you could see the game fish had a school of bait fish pined to the bottom.

Things were hopping, drags were screaming and the net was full. It doesn't get better then that.