• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend is here!

Walli1

( Finally ) I'm like a kid waiting for christmas, I just can't keep from thinking about getting back on the river, I'm so pumped up, I feel as though tomorrow is christmas and I'm 10, can you feel the excitement? my wife says I'm in a zone and I'm in my own world, she also said fishing cost alot of money, my reply is "you can't put a price on therapy" PICT0109.jpg I'll be seeing that veiw in 12 hours or so! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Just got home from the river. Spent about 4 hours in a honey hole trying to catch some cats, but nothing. Decided to switch things up and I am glad I did. Got a couple of walleyes,a small snot rocket (northern and on almost every cast I would latch into a nice smallie. Perch color spinner bait was the ticket! Also seen the biggest redhorse I have ever seen swim next to the boat. Hope you guys have some luck this weekend. I am out!

I was out last night, fighting the boat traffic. Struggled to catch fish while bouncing over waves. Caught quite a few smallies and a bunch of sheephead with a jig and a crawler. First time all year I havent caught at least one walleye or sauger though...

Got down to the river in the pouring rain this morning what a light show, the two guys from church were real troopers go out in that, to me its just another day. Fishing was good except the fish that were bitting were the wrong kind, I hate to say it but I have my first blank in the walleye dept this year frown.gif, sure had one heck of a streak going though. One of the guys with me caught two nice walleyes 16 1/4 and 17, we all caught bass, sunfish, sheephead, rock bass and channel cats, still had a great time, both fish were caught on crawlers 22' Looking forward to fishing in the morning. cool.gif

Walli! IS HUMAN! I was starting to think he was some sort of super-human fishing machine, but he does have off days like the rest of us. Please don't take that the wrong way Walli1, I still look up to your experience and river knowledege. Heck, my "off-days" sometimes last from July to Sept.!

I'll be down there tomorrow am., I'm gonna head out of the public launch in Hastings instead of the Bluffs. That should save me the run around due to construction on 95.Se ya on the water.

Just getting the final things ready to go out in the morning, my son is going out at 3:00 with me, should be on the water by 3:45 at the latest, just love that early morning stuff! yeah today was a sad day, first time this year not catching a walleye, it happens and its hard to swallow but there's always tomorrow, at least I did have walleyes in the box today, so far this year I've had eyes in the boat every time out thats pretty nice cool.gif see you on the water!!

I don't know Walli, I think it still might count when you took two rookies out and someone in your boat boated some eye's. I think it's harder to get rookies to get them than to bring them up yourself. Good luck in the morning.

Thanks Sandmannd! Well this morning my son and I made a memory that will last a life time and he'll have a story of the big fish to tell and show the photo for life! Check this big buffalo head out my 15 year old son got in on 4 pound test fireline,it took over a hour to get it in the boat, sure put a bend in the limit creek rod, rod looks cool bent like that, it was 33" long had a grirth of 24" and weighed a shade over 27 pounds. I'm holding the fish for my son because he didn't want to lift it up. PICT0202.jpg What a fish!! O yeah I kept two nice eyes also, sure had a blast and its something my son and I will always share! cool.gifcool.gif

That's an awesome fish!!!! It's always nice to see a child catch something big like that to keep his interest up for fishing!!!

My son was pretty proud of that fish, that is by far the biggest he's ever got, next closest is a 13lb snot rocket, looking forward to getting back on the river this weekend gotta love it!!

always!! One great thing about the river is that you can target one species and end up catching many different species. Once my son gets old enough, he'll be coming along with me.