• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

One born every minute - Gulp Panfish baits

Questor

My new equipment bug has tempted me over the edge: I'm going to try Gulp panfish baits and see whether I feel like a fool afterward. I'll give them a fair trial, which means it could be a while before I report anything back here.

A rather inauspicious start. I tried the chartreuse maggots to tip a 1/32 ounce jig and the maggots split easily and fall off. Fished right after Friday night's lightning storm, so it wasn't a fair test. The scent makes a great attractant for yellow jackets. I also got the earthworm style baits but have not tried them yet.

Really need to have a good panfish day where they can be compared against live bait and jigs tipped with plastic.

Its not like they are new to the market, use that Gulp in the winter - Try the Berkley powerbait Honey worms , my son uses them on pannies with plain or red hooks. They outfish the other plastic micro shads, plastic worms, gulp, etc.. He calls them "money" worms!

I haven't used any of them except a freebie jar of the maggots that I got with a rod purchase. Used them this spring and they worked better than the worms we were using and you could catch 2, 3, or even more on one bait. I want to get more if I ever start doing more panfishing.

I have to admit I use them. I was born and raised catching live bait for a living but I seldom go out in the winter without on bag of power nymphs and one jar of honey worms. Good back up if minnows don't do it.