• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gopher Nation

so haaad

Quote:

This is the kind of Win that Can turn a Football Program around..
wink.gif

LOL. Yes, I'm sure that's what we'll be hearing this next week...about how they never gave up, played until the final whistle, showed courage and determination...blah, blah, blah. Once again, it was Miami of Ohio...not Miami or Ohio.

Instead of Notre Dame coming into the Big 11, I think it may be a better idea for the U of M to go to D1-AA and NDSU join the Big 11. wink.gif

Quote:

This is the kind of Win that Can turn a Football Program around..

Yeah they will turn it around... a whole 360 degrees. I wish i could have seen the game though, it sounded like the two teams were evenly matched.

But we a do have one more win than Michigan. crazy.gif

They're still perfect in the Big Ten!!! smile.gif

Man, this is seriously the worst Gopher team in 30 years...

• 2 weeks later...

Sagarin ratings after Saturday's games:

55. Iowa

62. NDSU (I-AA)

72. Appalachian St. (I-AA)

79. Minnesota

95. Notre Dame

cool.gif

This matchup keeps getting more interesting doesn't it???

NDSU keeps on rolling and winning at a higher level of competition, even though they just went D1 a couple years ago.

U of M just keeps doing what they do.

Quote:

This matchup keeps getting more interesting doesn't it???

NDSU keeps on rolling and winning at a higher level of competition, even though they just went D1 a couple years ago.

U of M just keeps doing what they do.

I hate to keep harping on it but I don't think the competition is that much tougher then it WAS in Division 2 and especially the NCC conference which was by a long shot the best in the country maybe not so much now with all of the defections heck even the Jack Rabbits are doing better in 1AA then they were in D2. I don't think all of this can be attributed to recruiting

I think parity in all college sports is quite evident these days.

Anyway I'm jacking the line back to 6 in the Big match up between NDSU and the Gophers...

Go Gophs... wink.gif

Quote:

Sagarin ratings after Saturday's games:

55. Iowa

62. NDSU (I-AA)

72. Appalachian St. (I-AA)

79. Minnesota

95. Notre Dame

cool.gif

What do the numbers 92, 119, 136, 178 signify?

They are the Sagarin Ratings for the 4 opponents NDSU has played.

What do the numbers 79, 118, 127, 135, 137, 180, 226 signify? Those are the ranking of the remaining Bison opponents.

Eden Prairie or Cretin could probably play at least .500 ball against that crop of competition.

I know my Gophers are stinking up the joint but dam%, play somebody will ya. If you truly think you have earned that rating you have, throw in some other legit Big Ten or MAC teams at least.

You gotta be kidding right? Newsflash...NDSU is a D1-AA team and ranked number 3 in the D1-AA poll, not to mention has a higher ranking than that so-called Big-11 powerhouse called U of M who is D1-A. Not too shabby for a little ol' team from North Dakota now is it? wink.gif

Now if I recall, the Brew doesn't want to schedule teams like NDSU anymore and would rather play the big boys because it'll help their recruiting. Hmmm, looks to me they should play NDSU every year given that right now they are ranked higher than the Goofs. lol.

I guess my point is that you like to come in here and take your jabs at us Gopher fans and our team. In fact, I believe you even accused of us of being kind of stupid for even following the team a while back. I can look up the posts if you'd like, yet all you got to show for your superiority in rooting for your team is beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor.

I guess my point is, prove you can play with the big boys before you start calling them out. You got nothing to lose when you stir the pot and you know it. If you beat the Gophers it makes your season, if you lose, you hide behind the fact that you are in the subdivision (no longer 1-AA superfan),I get it, yet you will continue to critcize the team that is losing while playing a schedule 10 times tougher than your team will even consider.

I guess it comes across as the little guy in the bar barking at the big guy about how tought he is because the big guy just got his butt kicked by a bigger guy, but that little guy will only fight the other little guys. It would all be fine if it wasn't for that little dog yipping all the time.

When a team is playing in their respective divisions such as D1-A or D1-AA you want them to be at the top of said division. NDSU is. U of M is not. That is the difference. They are playing and beating the teams they need to play and beat to be at the top (or darn close ranked at #3 in this week's poll), while U of M is not. Another difference. The Gophers playing a schedule 10x tougher than the Bison?? It's all relative. Do you expect to Bison to play the Big 10 schedule? They aren't D1-A...smirk.gif Although I bet you're wishing the Goofs could play the Bison schedule and then maybe they could win a game or two if they get lucky.

It's David vs. Goliath.....the team from the minors playing the team from the majors....Vikings playing Green Bay wink.gif whatever you want to call it. That's why it's exciting. It's even more satisfying when all the D1-A snobs look down their noses at the little guys and pretty soon those noses are going to get broken...some have already. It's fun to see a team with a lot less equity have a fighting chance against the teams with an almost unlimited budget, not to mention scholarships, and a bigger name when it comes to recruiting. They're supposed to be competing in the Big 10 for crying out loud. I'm not ridiculing fans for following their team, I'm ridiculing those who believe that they are going to the Rose Bowl after a win over a hyphenated team early in the season...ooops, that didn't happen much this year. Geez, the Vikes beat Atlanta in week #1 and I figured my spot on the Super Bowl parade route was gone for sure. smirk.gif

Any team that loses to the likes of Miami-Ohio or FAU should be criticized. They have much higher expectations than that and no matter how bad they are, they are still a D1 team that should handle those teams most of the time with ease.

I know it's not D1-A/AA anymore but that's all that most people understand so it's easier to dumb it down. It's still listed as such in most publications anyway. Thanks for your help on that. wink.gif

You're right that if the Bison lose I can say they did their best and weren't expected to win or have a chance against those big bad boys from the Big 10. That's not hiding. They aren't even in the same league so why should the Bison apologize for losing to a big name, big conference, team? Obviously if the Gophs lose it won't exactly be the best thing for that program, losing to a subdivision team when by all rights they should have a competitive enough team to be at least trying for a shot at a Rose Bowl every year. They definitely have much more to lose than gain in this game.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog......

"heck even the Jack Rabbits are doing better"

Being a former Jack Rabbit player i find that statement offensive. We have always had a solid program. We've also beaten the Bison a time or two... smirk.gif

NDSU defeats UC Davis 35-16 to extend win streak to nine in front of the 4th largest crowd in school history, over 19,000 in the FargoDome.

Sounds like its getting kind of exciting in Fargo! grin.gif

Bison on top of the polls this week for the first time in their short Division 1 history!!

Fishyguy,

I couldn't resist.

in a previous post you stated;

"I know my Gophers are stinking up the joint but dam%, play somebody will ya. If you truly think you have earned that rating you have, throw in some other legit Big Ten or MAC teams at least."

Careful what you wish for, it just might come true. Oh that's right, it already did.

NDSU beat Central Michigan this year, the 2006 MAC Conference Champion and the winner of a D-I Bowl game (motorcity bowl) by 30 POINTS!!!!! 44-14 shocked.gif

Gophers (although not a legit Big Ten team) are next laugh.gif

Hail the Bison!

ps I see reading the star and Libune today that a few more Gopher football players jumped ship today. Ouch that has got to hurt recruiting for next year.

Quote:

Fishyguy,

I couldn't resist.

in a previous post you stated;

"I know my Gophers are stinking up the joint but dam%, play somebody will ya. If you truly think you have earned that rating you have, throw in some other legit Big Ten or MAC teams at least."

Careful what you wish for, it just might come true. Oh that's right, it already did.

NDSU beat Central Michigan this year, the 2006 MAC Conference Champion and the winner of a D-I Bowl game (motorcity bowl) by 30 POINTS!!!!! 44-14
shocked.gif

Gophers (although not a legit Big Ten team) are next
laugh.gif

Hail the Bison!

ps I see reading the star and Libune today that a few more Gopher football players jumped ship today. Ouch that has got to hurt recruiting for next year.

I guess my point was, if you are going to be sure you are the best, you better at least play someone to legitimize the claim. NDSU has looked good, and they very well might beat the Gophers but you don't have anyone scheduled that is rated in the top 80 right now.

I'm not sure anyone called them "the best", but they might be good enough to beat the Gophers this year. Should be fun.

LMITOUT just got hit by the....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| || ) ____

|…negativity TRUCK……….| ||’|”;, __)

|_…_…____________===|=||_|_____)

“(@)’(@)”"”‘""''''''’”**|(@)(@)***(@)

You must pass this along to 12 more Gopher-haters or you will get hit again.

I know Gopher fans don't travel the roads that this truck drives on....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| || ) ____

|… REALITY TRUCK……….| ||’|”;, __)

|_…_…____________===|=||_|_____)

“(@)’(@)”"”‘""''''''’”**|(@)(@)***(@)

You must pass this along to 12 more Gopher fans or you will get hit again.

Yeah, they just sprint across the asphalt, pop-up their heads up on the gravel shoulder and watch the reality truck drive by.

OK I'll bite only because I know how much this means to you TWO and the rest of great state of North Dakota it's your super bowl and it's not like NDSU could or should beat us in ANYHING else especially sports wise ... grin.gif

Yes we're a little down in the dumps as football program right now and you guys will probably win in which case for years to come you can tell the Nodak children, grandchildren and great children that the mighty Bison SPLIT "1 Win 1 Loss" a two game series with the Big Bad Gophers back in the day.. crazy.gif

That being said I'll be rooting for the team with better looking "BY FAR" cheerleaders....DA Gophs!... grin.gif