• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
so haaad

Gopher Nation

so haaad

Um....The era of "Gopher Nation" is upon us. Is anyone out there bold enough to offer a prediction for season 1? Season record? Bowl bound?

walleyeking19

I'll say 5-7. only because they lost their qb, tight end, lots of defensive players and some of the O-line.

The Donk

(YAWN)... Wha? whos playing where? Gold and Maroon? Oh, yea, they're the ones we are waiting for, right? Once the stadium is built, our problems are solved!

fishyguy

If Brewster does any better than 6-6 this year I say he will have earned his pay. Unless his unproven QB's really step up it will be a very mediocre season at best.

bgreen82

i only see them winning 1 or 2 games in the big ten so im gonna say 5 wins also.

so haaad

Yep, I'll say they will win 2, maybe 3 games in the Big Ten if they are lucky. Not sure how Miami (OH) is this year, but assuming that they win all of their other non-conference games that will put them at 7-5 (optimistic) or 6-6.

hanson

Go Bison!!

grin.gif

so haaad

Quote:

Go Bison!!

Shush up, (buffalo) chiphead! grin.gif

bigswede

I'm in with Hanson. GO HERD!!!

walleyeking19

I just got my sports illistrated and they pick the gophers to go 0-8 in the big ten. i think they should win at least 1 or 2 but what do i care, GO BADGERS!!!

so haaad

Get ready for Gopher Nation!!!

LMITOUT

They should be moving up in to polls since Brewster is making the team switch over to white football shoes to make them look "faster".

Wow...here we go again. LMAO.

PierBridge

You may be suprised LIMITOUT sometimes the shoes can make all the difference in the world like going to the Rose Bowl which Brew is predicting or ending up 0-8 in the Conference like Sports Illustrated is forcasting for us....

Go Brew.....DOAH!

LMITOUT

Hard to argue with Bo Jackson....or Brewster for that matter. LOL.

so haaad

I might have to go to the game tomorrow...yep, free tickets.

LMITOUT

Which hyphenated team are they playing this week?

so haaad

Bowling Green. Big. Powerful. Bowling-Green.

LMITOUT

I guess they were. Can't wait to listen to Barreiro on the Sunday Sermon tomorrow morning.

The U of M already used the excuse last year that "if they knew that they (CAL) were that good, they wouldn't have scheduled them". Oops...did they say that out loud?

so haaad

Well I just got back from the game. If you saw the way the Gophers lost the bowl game last year, then you understand how Bowling Green attacked the Gophs in this game. The Gopher defense against the pass was absolutely terrible. No pass rush. No linebackers anywhere to cover the short stuff. And the d-backs were pathetic. The offense didn't look much better. This is a young, young team that will have a very tough year. The comeback was a positive and I liked how Brewster was actually involved in the game (as compared to Mason's lack of emotion). Keep in mind that this is still a Mason team, not a Brew Crew recruited team. I know this will be a transition year. We'll see how the recruiting goes and what comes of it next year.

LMITOUT

Any more apologies?

LMITOUT

Sagarin ratings prior to Saturday's games:

35. Minnesota

80. Appalachian St. (IIA)

82. NDSU (IIA)

87. Bowling Green

MN's upcoming schedule:

79. Miami-OH

149. Florida Atlantic

papabear

Can they schedule Bemidji State next year or maybe concordia. Soon they have to find a team they are gauranteed to beat.

so haaad

Game #2 of Gopher Nation is almost here. So how nervous do you think Brewster is today?

tims

Quote:

Can they schedule Bemidji State next year or maybe concordia. Soon they have to find a team they are gauranteed to beat.

Bemidji has a good team for D2. It would be a good game.

LMITOUT

Sagarin ratings AFTER Saturday's games:

38. Appalachian St. (IIA) +42

53. Bowling Green +34

64. Minnesota -29

77. NDSU (IIA) +5 (didn't play)

MN's upcoming schedule:

70. Miami-OH

113. Florida Atlantic