• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

longpole

New to fishing in Rochester,When does the green slime & weeds go away?

Tyler Holm

Welcome to fishing in Roch,

I don't believe there is any one answer to your question. It depends on a lot of factors.

The weeds in Willow Creek will generally start turning brown within the next month or so. Some weeds on Foster Arends will die at about the same time, but others will stay green and flourish throughout the winter.

Most water impoundmen’s will go through a variety of water clarity cycles. Things like alge blooms, water turnovers, rain, and water temp all affect this. Typically a body of water is green for about 1.5 weeks before it starts to clear. Some never completely clear up in the summertime though.

The green slime you’re talking about is a tough call. If the water is stale sometimes the green slime will break off in chucks and float to the surface. Other types affixes to rocks and other firm surfaces. I honestly don’t know exactly when that stuff goes away.

Good questions though. Hopefully somebody else can chime in. Welcome to FishingMinnesota.coma

Hooked_on_Salmo_Lures

Not much of a weed expert,...but maybe,..(if you don't mind nameing your fishing spot) you could tell us the body of water you are referring to. There are alot of knowlagable people here,...and maybe you might find one that frequents the place you are referring to. Being a regular visitor to a lake can some times be better than a text book life cycle of weeds and slime wink.gif ,...as every body of water is unique,..and as tyler said it faces many unique factors that will set it apart from others.

Good luck, and welcom to the family!!!! cool.gif

longpole

Lets see Chester woods looked like a bad margeretta last week,the slough past westfire also had quite the nasty color last week.Being from nord dakotah Ive never seen anything like foster ahrends weeds before either.Also stopped at oxbo last night after sporting clays at BSCC any fish to speak of in that river?

WxGuy

Quote:

Also stopped at oxbo last night after sporting clays at BSCC any fish to speak of in that river?

No.

Just kidding.

Yeah, there are a few smallmouth in there...it's the Zumbro River.

Tyler Holm

Foster Arends has been reported to have Milfoil in it. Tis not good at all.

Oxbow has plenty of smallies within the park. Caught 10-20 each trip out there last year, but they ran small. Might have had 1 or 2 that taped in the teens, but that was it.

I've seen lots of suckers out there, but never fished for them in the park. I imagine one could catch some iffin he tries.