• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Huntin&Fishin

Mojo Wing Thang

Huntin&Fishin

Does any one have a Mojo Wing Thang and if so do you like it (does it help) does it work for geese? or what motion thing in your spread works for geese?  How about ducks? Thanks

carpshooterdeluxe

stay away from anything spinning for geese. they will flair. when we set a mojo in our field goose spread for mallards its shut off and taken down as soon as geese are seen on the horizon. stick to motion stakes for your field dekes, and get a flag. if you hunt water for geese maybe set up a jerk string or use some of the little hockey puck shaped wobblers when its legal.

You can get more information and ask more questions in the waterfowl, duck & goose hunting forum by clicking here.

surewood

We used them on water for geese last year. Did'nt help and did'nt hurt. I personally did'nt see geese flair due to the wing thang. We use two of them where we can during waterfowl season. In my opinion I've hunted over a mojo duck and it does'nt work any better than the wing thang. Excellent addition to anyone's spread and at twenty five dollars it's very affordable, buy one or two you'll be glad you did.

river huntfish

Personally I don't like using it for hunting geese. I have used and yes the geese will often flair. I use it when the sun is going down and the ducks are really starting to fly.

Huntin&Fishin

Thanks. Ducks yes, geese no 😏

ole matty

what it is exact? battery operate? where can i get it?

Huntin&Fishin

it a spinning wing decoy, but on a pole. Look for "Mojo wing thang" by clicking here and also start your own topic to share information. That ought to help you.

Seabass77

Actually, I believe it rotates back and forth, doesn't really spin. I don't own one however so I could be wrong.

surewood

It takes four AA and it's a spinning wing decoy. You can get them from cabelas.

• Thanks 1

Superduty

The wing thang actually spins on a vertical axis unlike most spinning wing decoys that spin on a horizontal axis. Hope that helps. I use two wing thangs along with a spinning wing decoy in my field spreads. I think they work great for ducks. I've used them in water on homemade extension poles too but had trouble with it falling over. Dried it out and it still spins!

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

I've read about using the Mojo Wing Thang for geese, which can flair geese at times. What we really want to know is, how well do they work for you on ducks and how do you use them?

Thanks everyone.

Rick

Also, how do you set the Wing Thang(s) up most effectively? 

Wanderer

Honestly not sure what the Wing Thangs are - if it’s a new model or not - but I might find out in a few minutes at Fleet Farm.

After today I finally had to say we needed at least one spinner today.  Getting one on the way home from the lake for tomorrow.

leech~~

Last time I went Goose hunting with an Outfitter. They said that they use flags but the spinners seem to flair the Goose off.

The flags did seem to work well to turn flocks that were a ways out.

Wanderer

Are we talking about the goose flappers for wing thangs?  I’ve hunted over flappers in a duck spread before.  No geese came around that morning so I don’t know if they do their job.

Flagging has been a staple tactic for years and it does work.

I think my new mallard spinner did help us get teal yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kettle

I definitely could see them being effective as spinning wing decoys do work. The spinning wing decoys seem flair geese although there has been times where I've got a lesser or two with them on. I have noticed that motorized decoys seem to be less effective than they use to be, seem to still work good in fields but definitely have seen them flair ducks in water.