• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fever

Eden & Vails (Mud)

Fever

Anyone been on or heard anything about these lakes lately? The wife and I got a sitter for the weekend and we were thinking of cruzing over to try for a few bass, Northern, Walleye. All catch release. Any help would be sweet as it's been about 2 years since I've put my boat into either one of those lakes. Stay cool.... It's a warm one outside today... (It's not the heat it's the humidity...) I love that one... they both suck. grin.gif

Fever

Not very impressed by the lack of replies on this question but to answer my own qestion... I hosted a little friendly tournament with 22 anglers total... 9 boats I think. Well, one guy caught a 29.75 inch Walleye to take the Walleye catagory, Another guy, (first guy's Brother) caught a 29 inch Northern weighing in at 5.1 lbs for that catagory and I edged out my Brother with 18.75 inch 4.0 lb Bass. His was 19 inches and 3lbs 14oz. A ton of fish caught and a good time had by all. Just a little F.Y.I. Campground owner of Haag's resort on the north shore of Eden Lake is a crazy nut case. He drove through the campground about 2 mph several times just watching us. Kinda made the whole experiance uncomfortable... He didn't come off as the sharpest knife in the drawer either when he tried to speak. Anyway, the guy is now renting out seasonal campsites and even though we have been having this tournament there for 13 years now we can't have it there next year. I guess that's his right as a buisness owner but I thing he isn't really helping himself as his prices are WAY too cheap from what he told us. Besides... his portapot/ restroom I beleive is illegal. It is really just a blue portapot with dug out hole under it... Litterally about 200 feet from the shore of the lake. That doesn't seem right to me... Anyone know this George Haag?

Skeets

I have never camped there, but have fished Eden many times.

That is a very nice walleye you guys caught, WOW! shocked.gif

How shallow is the access at Eden?

Last time I was there you had to back in a ways and was VERY WEEDY.

I have never launched into Mud, I only ice fish that lake sometimes.

I don't know anything about this Haag guy, other that he has rented those camp sites for many years.

I do believe he lives close by on Hwy 9.

huntfish44

maybe no one has any input so dont get on anyones case...

Fever

The launch on Eden is shallow and very very muddy. I think the launch on Vails (Mud) is better, but I'm not sure because I fished on Eden the whole day. Yeah, that was a nice Eye... I think those lakes can offer up some very good fishing IF you know where to go and what to use. I think the Walleye was caught on a crank bait as was the largest pike. I got my largest bass (the 4.0 lbder) on a shakey head jigworm in about 13 fow. That Haag guy does live on 9, you are right, so for fun he drives through the campground to check on everyone several times a day. He is a Dog hater to boot... ie (Michael Vick)... lol. This forum must not get close to the traffic as the species specific forums and some of the forums to the east of St.Cloud... Hunt/Fish... You could chill and keep your negative comments to yourself... If you ask me. I'm over it. Good luck all. I'm heading to Tonka for some muskie action. grin.gif

Skeets

It's too bad you have to break your 13 year tradition, Eden is a nice little lake that recieves little pressure in the summertime. confused.gif

I might head out there this fall yet and try and find some more of those nice walleyes and pike!

Good luck to you and your group, hopefully you find another lake to better fit your needs.

Fever

Thanks Skeets. Good luck out there and try not to catch them all. I don't make too many trips over that direction anymore and basically stay around the west metro area (Waconia, Howard, Ann, Mary, etc... Also around the Annandale area) anyway... Screw that Haag guy. I really beleive he is off his rocker.

wink.gif

Later

Fever

Borch

Too bad about not keeping your tradition going. Definitely some quality fish caught at you tourney. I've never fish those lakes myself. Good to hear you had some action though.

The Chemist

The access on mud has a pit probably 3-4 ft deep. stepped into during duck season.