• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Diamond lake

Can anyone give me any info about this lake? I have never been on it before, but my boss just bought a cabin on this lake and I am going up there friday thru sunday to work on his cabin and play a little.

I will be bringing my boat and my 7 yr old son. What can I hope to find in there? Any keeper sunnies? How about northerns, walleyes or bass? Is there a lot of recreation traffic on the weekend? Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't been out their in a while but when I do go I can usually catch all the fish you listed if I'm trying for them. Yes their is lots of recreational traffic on the weekends.

lots of recreational traffic on the weekends, mostly known as a walleye lake...can also get northerns (I've had luck trolling on the East end)...sunnies are in there but I haven't found them in decent numbers / size. Caught crappies and largemouth off the dock this spring but that is the only time. This winter I got into some perch that were of keeper size. Have fun!

There are big bluegills in Diamond but not a ton of them, big largemouth but not many, there are big crappies and many small ones too, a few pike but little scissorbills for the most part, the walleye fishing has been good but lots of sorting! It seems theres lots of big walleyes in Diamond but every year you have to deal with a dozen 10 inchers before you catch a decent one! It can be a fun lake as well as a dead sea, lately the action has been ok.

Trolling cranks will probably get you walleye, pike, and crappies right now- but the size may be questionable? Otherwise try spinner rigs in 12-15 fow. Never know you may find a bunch of nice fish, they are in there! Good luck wink.gif

Where's the cabin located? Fishing is OK right now, not nothin to write home about. Fish can be found all year long but to find them??? you may want to start off the north point,troll the west shore,and by outlet.Good Luck you'll need it! smile.gif

Just got back from a week long vacation in the area. Hammered the sunfish and crappies on diamond. Huge sunnies. Enough for 2 fish fries for 20 people! Good Luck, they are out there.

brath: Did you stay at North Breeze??I been tryin to find sunnies all year I only get a few here and there! I get eyes easier,would you let on to your spots???My email is in my profile.Sure would appreaciate it! crazy.gifcool.gifIf ya get down here again contact me for some eyes!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I also just got back from a 3 day Diamond trip and the fishing was fantastic. I caught a bunch of crappies and a pile of big gills with some real brutes mixed in. As far as recreational traffic there was a bunch but it didn't slow the fishing down at all. The panfish are biteing you just have to search for them small jigs and plastics worked the best.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Of course I forgot to check the site before I left, but here is a report of what happened:

A co-worker and I got up there fri morning with 3 boys between us and started working on the cabin. We didn't finish what we were doing until about 8:00 that night, so my boat never went into the water until sat.

Saturday, we slept in and when we woke up and got the boat launched and everything, all the boys wanted to do was ride on the innertube because it was so hot. I had never pulled a tube with my boat, so I was interested to see how it would work. My 50 hp did a good job according to the 2- 12 yr olds and my 7 yr old, who was a first timer as well.

Well, on to the fishing report. We didn't even give it a good try until sun morning. I took the boys over by some reeds on the north side and we caught numerous perch that were oh-so-close to being keepers. A lot of them were almost 8 inches long but not real fat. The real fun was in one spot we got into a few very nice sized sunnies. Also it may be worth noting that the 12 yr old boys were down on the dock catching small perch and sunnies saturday night for a little while during what seemed like a small bug hatch. There were dead bugs scattered across the water and you could see the fish come up and eat them. While one of the boys was realing in a small sunnie he said he saw a larger fish chasing behind. I would assume it was a northern but I never saw it myself, so I have no idea.

sparcebarg, the cabin is on the north side of the lake. I don't know quite how to explain where but if you were going by the cabin on the road, there is a little swamp directly across the road from the cabin.

Icehawk, how long does it take to get from Richmond to Diamond Lake? I love the horseshoe chain.

Icehawk, how long does it take to get from Richmond to Diamond Lake? I love the horseshoe chain.

From Diamond north on co.Rd.2 to HWY.23 N.E.35-45 minutes probably 35 miles,GUESS smirk.gif Takes me 1HR. to get to St.Cloud.