• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Problem with Lowrance 102c

Seabass77

Question

My 102c started acting up this year. It turns on by itself, and beeps in error. I am not sure what is going on. I now have to leave the power off. I bought the boat and unit new in 2005. Any ideas? Anyone know a good place that can look at this for me. Thanks.

Joe

8 answers to this question

I can't really help you, but fyi I just had the same thing happen to a 332c. Fortunately for me I had 3 weeks of warranty left. It's at Lowrance right now ......

I don't think anyone can work on them other than Lowrance, due to the boards and software in them. Good luck.

My 332c is doing the same thing . Can you yell me how long the warranty is . I'd like to wait until after fishing season to send it in . Thanks Newoodhntr

Probably a bad keypad. My 3500c did the same thing. I was out of warranty so it cost me $95.

Warranty is probably 1 year, unless you got an extended warranty or had a boat manufacturer install it and warranty it longer, etc.

Call the Lowrance service line and be prepared to be on hold for maybe 1/2 hour. But chances are they will tell you to just send it in and they will exchange it, as they did for me. ( they had a problem with processors or something on those units)

I also told them I did not want to be without the locator for the rest of the season, and they said OK just send it in when you're done fishing in the fall, which I did.

You will need the model and serial handy when you call, they will give you a RA# and will document the info under that RA# so no questions when you send it in.

FYI--- I have a 332C and the fact that the locator was on and beeping for god knows how long burned out my transducer, which I noticed this spring. I called lowrance and they replaced it too!!!

Great customer service I think.

My 102 also had this problem, just got it back and my 332 started doing the same thing. I sent it in yesterday, and today I remembered the lakemaster chip is still in it! Do you think I will ever see it again?

I think you better have your RA number handy and sit on hold with their CS dept until you get someone to talk to. My guess is this 'probably' happens quite a bit and you'll 'probably' get your map chip back, but I wouldn't chance it without a phone call.

For my 332 they sent a replacement unit. 9 day door-to-door from when I shipped the old one until I got the new one. No complaints from me.