• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Few Hours On Vermillion...

I fished the vermillion river from shore out of the hastings access on saturday evening and caught the usual handful of sheephead, a small catfish (8 inches) which pricked me pretty good in the thumb. The highlight of the evening was catching a 20 pound snapping turtle...who wasn't even hooked, he was just too stubborn to let go of the nightcrawler. I thought I was reeling in a deadhead up until I got him to the shoreline...thank goodness I didn't have to go in after him.

It looked to be at normal levels, so I'm guessing they got more rain in the hastings area than we did in st. paul. Was definitely as dirty and muddy as ever.

• 2 weeks later...

that's a great little spot. I've also caught walleyes up to 24" there from shore.