• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First trip to Cass - 1 week and counting

One week from this very moment I will be spending my first morning on Cass (or Androsia), and I have to admit.... I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Mom and Dad to wake up on Christmas morning! Is it alright for a 32 year old man to feel like a little kid? blush.gif

And one week from this evening, Mr. Brian Jones will be showing me the ropes. Windy just raves about Brian, so hopefully with his know-how and few prayers to the fishin gods, we'll get into a nice musky or a few walleyes. grin.gif And, dare I hope, Brian will arm me with enough info to give the wife and I the ability to catch fish throughout the remainder of our stay.

The 16th is my wife's birthday, so we'll be going out for supper that night. The restaurant thread in this forum will no doubt come in handy for picking a place to celebrate.

6 days, and counting! I have a feeling the next few days will go by very slowly.... I shouldn't be so anxious grin.gif

Next week, if any of you see a white and maroon Yar-Craft Michigan 1950, with a blonde lady in the passenger seat and a guy with a silly grin from ear to ear at the wheel, stop by and say "hey!".

Yes, it is normal. I will be heading up this Saturday as well. I'm so excited that I'm already losing sleep! So you aren't alone. What resort are you staying at? I just might see ya up there. This is only my second time up there so I'm still learning the ropes. I might book a trip with Brian as well.

Wad,

Be sure to ask Brian about the "Windy" special. He will take care of you. You will not be sorry that you booked him. He will not only put you on the fish but will show you how to fish. I used to use a bullit weight and a spinner with a minnow and Brian turned me on to the walleye wonders of using a bottom bouncer and a crawler harness. My walleye to northern ratio has increased nearly 600% in the 6 years I have been using Brian. I always bring in the most walleye in our family and that streak has been going for 6 years now. I give all the credit to Brian. I hope you are taking your wife with you on the trip with Brian, he does great with women. He has turned my 27 year old daughter into a walleye machine. This year he put her on a 13.5 inch perch as well! Enjoy and tell Brian I said Hi!

PS Go with The Peppercorn in Bemidji and tell Gody, the hostess that Windy says Hey!

Windy

Slayer,

See the notes I sent to Wad and ask Brian about the "Windy" special! Good luck gettin those tasty fillets!

Windy

We're staying at Finn n Feather. It's up to the boss-lady whether or not she wants to come along with me and Brian, but I hope she decides to come along.

Because of what I've read on the restaurant thread, I was leaning towards the Peppercorn for the wife's birthday. But another evening we are gonna have to visit the mexican restaurant you mentioned (T Juans, or something like that). I LOVE mexican food! grin.gif

Darn! Still six days to go.... grin.gif "The waiting is the hardest part"

(Notice the signature change... you can call me Wade instead of Wad wink.gif)

Wade,

Is that some Tom Petty ref, or what?

Windy,

CHANGE THAT AVATAR!

Wade,

Definite T Juans, you will be very happy. Good stuff. Smart choice on Peppercorn for the wife.

Geno,

Shoot me the url and you got it old man. Season ain't over yet! LOL

Windy

If I remember right, you have to save this pic to your pc, put it on your photobucket, and get it into your profile on FM???????

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/genegodawa/chc-1.jpg

or go onto the Baseball thread "Calling Gene Gene the Cubbie.." and go about 15 posts back to see the pic of the emblem to use.

I highly recommend the Park Avenue meal at T Juans - i am heating up my second meal of loft-overs from the huge portion!!

Oh yeah - they not only have the best margaritas in town, but the best long islands in my opinion as well!

Clueless,

You forgot about their chips! Are they the best chips ever or what? Not greasy, almost taste baked but not whimpy. My wife says they are a little too salty for her but that just makes you drink more of their terriffic margaritas. Key buy is the happy hour where you can score 27 oz beauties for only $5.

Getting there is another thing. The best way is to turn onto 4th street from the lake and go till you hit the dead end. You turn left on the street just before the dead end, not sure what the street name is but you can see T Juans from the intersection. If you get lost, it is about a block from the Post Office and is on the same street as the Post Office. I went with the #15 Combo, I think, with a Chile Rellano, taquito, tostada and an enchilada. I know that I took half the dinner home and had it for lunch the next day! What a bargain. Enjoy!

Windy

Here you go, Geno. Enjoy!

Windy

Geno,

Don't stare at it too long, I have embedded subliminal pictures of a nude Hawk Harrellson in the C and if you look at it for more than 20 seconds you will see the Hawk a Roo in his full glory! LOL

Windy

Early morning walleyes

mid-day snoozes on the porch

and sun-down trolling for eyes.

5 days and counting.... grin.gif

"Dad... Are we there yet?"

Is there still a good bite going on Bemidji?

Wadinator,

Last report it was still going strong.

No we're not there yet.

Good luck,

Clark

Horseshoe Resort

Hey Clark,

Sorry I did not get a chance to stop by and chew the fat with you this year. It seems I get busier and busier each year. The four grand kids kept me hopping pretty good this year. I think I need a vacation from my vacation, LOL!

Man, who ordered the extra heat my first week up there? When I saw the report that it was going to be in the mid to high 90's with heat index over 105 I was wishing I had my daughter's old A Frame with the AC instead of our new cabin. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the season, you seem to be in a good groove right now and lots of people are talking about the great improvements you have made since taking the Shoe over. Some of our neighbors, The Keane's stayed at your place, they played poker with us Wednesday night while we babysat when the women played Bingo. I can't complain, my wife won $525 and my daughter won $240. You got to love women who earn their keep, LOL!

Talk to you soon, my friend. 49 weeks and counting until Cass Lake 2008.

Windy

Hey Windy... what time is happy hour at T Juan's?

4 days, and counting (way too slowly!) grin.gif

I want to say between 4-6 but it might be 2-6, not sure. Didn't plan it, it just happened. Might be worth a call since you save about $2.50 on each Grande margarita.

Windy

well boys, fishin on androsia is tough. yesterday i managed two keeper eyes and a handfull of hammerhandles.

When the storms blew in last night, we headed for T Juans. Good stuff!

is anything going on someplace on Cass? I would sure like to find a few more eyes, and i am gonna head ovaer that way today.

The wife and I will also be heading out with Brian Jones on Cass tonight, pretty anxious for thatr as well.

Thanks!

Wade,

Tell Brian I said hi. Also, looking for those eyes can be tough when the storm blows in. Seems like they go crazy biting before but then they go stale for a half day or so after. Sometimes you can try live bait a little deeper after the storms or you can pull cranks a little shallow after the storm...Or you can just wait to go out with Brian and let him figure it out, LOL. On Cass, I usually like to try over by the dam by Chippewa Paws (not a bad place to stop for lunch. New owners are from Illinois and are nice folks, Brian eats there and talks to them, good Italian Beef sandwich, not sure about their hours this year though) in about 15-20 feet. Also hit Deadmans Bar, windward side and you can try O'Neils Point. Good Luck

Windy

successful morning at wishbone bay! kept three eyes for the plate, a seventeen, seventeenand and a half and a nineteen. Perfect!

Hey, Wah you lucky devil. I wish I was out fishing and not sitting in the office. I am glad ya found some fish. If you run out of freezer space for all the eyes ya catch let me know. I could spare some for a fillet or two. wink.gif

Good luck! grin.gif

thanks eef. i will be back in the office way too soon.

Mr. Jones put me on a fourty inch muskie tonite too!

That one muskie made the trip!

Sweet!

Nice Job Brian, he is the Muskie Man.

Windy

My 40" musky Brian helped me catch! THANKS BRIAN JONES!

2634548150046140835S600x600Q85.jpg

My son's 12 pound northern. I ran the net, he did everything else on his own...

2707302100046140835S600x600Q85.jpg

AWESOME TRIP! Thank you everybody. Finn n Feather was a GREAT place to stay, and we hope to get back up there again next year.

And to Steve, the fisherman at Finn n Feather who helped me find some walleyes on Androsia and Cass) THANKS!

So Wade,

Did I tell you Brian was DA MAN of Cass Lake???

Nice pics, glad Brian was able to turn you on. Pass the word when others ask about him on our site. I really would like to see him grow his business. He is a young family man and deserves all the good things that we can bring him by helping us with the good things we want up at Cass....FISH!

Windy