• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am planning on giving Whiteface a try and wonder if anyone can offer any basic suggestions for next weekend. I will be looking for walleyes and would like some help as to how deep they are, what bait to try and help with deadheads to look out for. I know where the landing is off Hwy 16...that's about it! Thanks for any advice.

we do good on leeches and a floating lindyrig. back trolling on the breaks just very your depth till you find them. watch for rocks with the boat blush.gif . there are not that many deadheads by the launch.The biggest walleye that we have ever gotten out of there is around three LbS there is a ton in the 10- 15 inch range and a maybe get one over 1.5lbs.

Thanks, Bubs. I see by the DNR map that the lake is pretty shallow. With all the heat, would you suggest starting in 20 fow and working back up if you don't find them? By the way, I saw a picture of a 5 lb eye caught there earlier this summer, and that's what got my interest going. I would be OK just getting into the smaller ones, though. smile.gif

There's a rock pile straight out from the landing by the dam that's usually marked with a buoy - mark the ends with your own buoys and then troll slowly around. We have done well on fat heads in about 10-12 feet. Most of the walleyes are pretty small - we can't seem to hook into anything over a pound, which is what the other posters say.

Good luck!

troll number 5 shad raps in 8 to 10 feet of water anywhere on the lake and you will pick up walleye and northern, but most of the eye's seem to be pretty small.(under 14 inches)

I've had real good luck the last week fishin' 12-17 foot reefs w/just a phelps floater and leeches. The deeper reefs seem to hold the bigger fish, but less bites. Good luck, Junky...................

Thanks to all 3 of you guys for the pointers. It looks like it will be the weekend after next that I get to WF. The wife has scheduled us for a trip to the Cities this weekend...fishing will have to wait for now crazy.gif. Thanks again.