• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Loud Bow??

LuciandTim

Its been about three years since I shot and I feel like my bow is loud. If you can please watch the below video and let me know what you think.

VIDEO

Also, what can I do to make it quieter? What works and why?

Thanks!

wink.gif

LimbSaver and other similar companies have soooooo many products out there that claim to decrease the twang/vibration of your bow and I believe they absolutely help! I am currently shooting a Hoyt bow and as you may or may not know Hoyt has split limbs so i have the AlphaShox limb silencers to help out with unnecessary limb vibration. I also have a set of string leeches that seem to help. There are also sights, rests, quivers, and stabilizers on the market that will greatly reduce the amount of vibration during and after the shot.

Also, is your bow a little older? with all of the new dampening systems added on the newer bows nowadays seems to really quiet those bows up.

But, if your looking for a fairly easy fix to your noise problem I'd recomend buying a quality LimbSaver stabilizer, string leeches, and if you currently have one of those peep sights with the rubber hose connected to it, replace it! those hoses make soooo much noise!

P.S, It would also help if you posted up a picture of your bow so we could better get a idea of how to tune up your bow. laugh.gif

There are many things you can do to quiet your bow. First we need to know what kind of bow you have with what kind of silencing equipment on the bow. Do you have a peep aligner? I think those things make noise.

I have an STS, cat whiskers, limb savers, a s-coil, and shoot heavier arrows. All of those things help.

First thing I would do is to check and make sure that all your assc. that bolt on are tight. I had this problem and after checking all my add ons to make sure they were still bolted tight I took it to a pro shop. I needed a few parts that were wore out to be replaced.

LImb savers and such will help but may not be the only issue that you may have to deal with.

How about a pict of you shooting the bow.. So we can see what you already have in place to keep your bow quiet?

Actually I stripped the bow. All that is on it is the sights and the arrow rest. I guess my best bet would be to just bring it into the shop.

I guess my question is what has worked best for you? And how quiet can you get a bow to shoot??

I had a problem with noise a few years back and did the same thing you have done. Then, when I took off my arrow holder I found the problem. I had a noise out of arrow holder.

Could be maybe.

Taking off the string bats and putting on catwhiskers made a pretty big difference for me. Catwhiskers get rid of the twang much better. Shooting a heavier arrow makes your bow quieter too. The limbsavers and some stabilizers will take away vibration.

Most bows can be made pretty quiet if they are tuned, all components are tight and you have the proper silencing stuff.

I work for a few days here but as soon as I am done I am going to put everything back on the bow. I bought some new stuff from the shop and hope things quiet down a bit wink.gif

We'll see.....

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.