• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

if you could pick 1 week of the year in June, July or August to fish what would it be?? Number 1 target smallies, then walleyes, then pike/muskie. Take in consideration that its the only week you can fish and coming from a long way..Thanks

I would pick the first or second week in August for walleyes and smallmouth.

Cliff

I dunno. Seems the smallies exploded at different times this year vs. last year.

Quote:

I would pick the first or second week in August for walleyes and smallmouth.

Cliff

I second Cliff's motion. There will always be exceptions, but early August is almost a sure bet for both walleye and smallies.

We only fish Elephant Lake near Orr these days because we know it like the back of our hand. On that lake, as others, one never knows when one species or another will turn on. Given many years casting and trolling that lake during different months, if I had only one week and wanted eyes, I would go the last week of May or First week of June, whichever was mostly dark of the moon. At that time crappie fishing can also be outstanding. We usually caught larger smallies during the summer months casting from dusk to midnight, but this year we caught many 2-3 pound smallies the second week in May. Northerns may hit any time but the larger ones are usually caught in July and August.

Bill