• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vanes and Nocks

xedge2002

I currently have regular feathers and nocks on all of my arrows. I want to go to vanes and lumenok's but am not sure of what kind I should get. Does anybody have any suggestion's or certain ones to steer clear of?

I was thinking of getting quickspin vanes on my arrow's.

Should I put lumenok's on all of my arrows or only the one's I am going to use hunting?

Thanks

Josh

Many options for vanes on your arrow shafts. I have used and still am the quickspins and have been happy with them.

As far as the Luminocks goes, I have three that are on my hunting arrows and like them. if you shoot late at night they are alot easier to find in the dark after they clear the deer and hit the ground. One can also watch the arrow go throught the air and deer.

Not cheap but cool and may help you in finding a few arrows you may have lost.

If you are in the metro area, you could come to the Archery day at Cabin fever in Victoria and they will have staff on hand that could go through your options for vanes and install them right away.

Don't forget about bohning blazers. Very good vane and I think they are cheaper than quick spins. If you shoot lumenoks I would buy a few to practice with, I think they are a bit heavier than your normal nock and that might make a minor difference. I don't shoot lumenok but they do look cool but if I lose an arrow shooting a deer it was well worth the loss.

If you are going to shoot lumenocks, remember that they are considerably heavier than a normal nock. You will have to practice with the lumenocks to make sure your sights are on.

There may not be much if any difference at short ranges but the farther out you are the more difference there will be.

I did notice a small difference at 25 yards. I normally wont take a shot over 30 as I hunt in a pretty darn thick part of the woods.

For vanes I like the Blazers. In fact I got a great deal on arrows with regular vanes and I took them off and replaced them with Blazers. Very durable and not real expensive.

I haven't tried luminocs and just shoot whatever nocks are on the arrows.

I shoot both the quick spin and blazer. Switching from real feathers, you may have clearance problems with any vane. Don't know what type of rest you use, but I had to switch to a drop away to get good clearance.