• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

BassAkwards

Any info on how the Gunflint trail is and the fishing right now? I stayed at the Gunflint Pines Resort camping last year and couldn't keep the smallies off our line. I'm thinking of taking another camping trip this fall and love that area.

Thanks

Northlander

Im sure you can find smallies all over the place up there. Getting walleyes this time of year can be tuff.

JBMasterAngler

It's been 2 months since I was up there, but the MN side is just fine. Both gunflint and gunflint pines are up and running like normal. The canadian side was totally charred, but by now there should be some green growth. The smallies weren't very numerous, but they were good size.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Walleyehunter82
      I live on Little Cormorant Lake, I believe sometime next week that it will be open.  The lakes out there are changing fast!
    • meerkat
      we got a lot snow down in the twin cities than up north and temps are a lot higher than it was in 2013.   I think we will have enough open water to fish the opener.   No one needs to cancel!  I HOPE any way
    • meerkat
      what do you use for bait?  I heard you can't use left over fish guts.   do you have to soak them?  sorry not sure what that process is called.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      meerkat, Many people eat the rusties. Very tasty but like walleye wings it takes a lot for a meal! Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I just got an e-mail from Brent Flatten in the Tower Fisheries Office stating that they hope to get the Dock in by Monday if the river clears of ice. Will set the trap nets on Tuesday and the first net lift will be on Wednesday. They may even collect eggs Wednesday if there are enough ripe females. Very good news! Thanks for your update Brent! Cliff
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I would imagine the man made pepin connected to the sippi is open not the actual lake pepin?
    • paceman
      None that I am aware of...Maybe in 10-14 days....
    • redlabguy
      Brian, Flaw: you can’t extrapolate Mother Nature. RLG
    • Mike89
      or Brown county!!   
    • meerkat
      tried this last year,   not worth it in my opinion.    But I always wondered if I could eat the rusty crayfish.  has anyone tried?