• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How is kroon looking this time of year? I'm looking for a small lake to hit and was just considering this one. Is there any significant boat traffic? Algae blooms? How is the bass/pike fishing?

Its a small lake, and I would really rather not talk about small lakes in this large a forum. Or a lake with not much boat traffic on it, will suddenly... have a lot of traffic on it.

I will tell you this.. the lake is quite stained, borderline murky. there are bass and pike in it, but would not call it a great bass or pike lake. I fish it from time to time just for a change. My suggestion, fish em all... All the lakes in the Chisago Lakes or NE metro area seem to have good fishing. Seriously I can only think of 1 lake I have ever fished that has a decent boat landing on it that I will not fish again as the numbers of bass was so horrible. I wont mention that lake either, as whats the point.

I'll give you one guess... I'll be totally honest... from a boat it looks good, I have fished the lake 3 times and have yet to catch a bass in it.

Oh well, I tried smirk.gif I was poking around for some smaller lakes, but I'll probably just do the smart thing and hit big marine.

have some adventure.. hit em all.. make a list and do your best to hit em all... you may find one you like.. then again, you may find one you dont... what do yo uhave to loose other than time?

On a side note.. big Marine is a very fun lake.. I love to fish deep... and this lake has DEEP bass...

Kroon has always been known to have a shallow landing. I have a 100' dock out at Big Marine and 1 week ago I had 9 1/2" of water at the end. I'd hate to see what the landing at Kroon is like.