• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

iFinder H2Oc condensation

Bronze Backs

Question

Pretty bummed when condensation appeared behind the screen of my H2Oc last weekend. The unit is only 5 months old. Hadn't even rained! I then had intermmitent problems for the entire Saturday (unit turned on, but portions of the screen wouldn't display), but Sunday it worked fine. Lowrance claims to have a 1 year warranty and I plan on sending it back. Anyone have experience with the warranty policy at Lowrance? How about condensation with the units? I also see others on the forum have had issues with their power cables -- mine has worked intermittenly at best.

4 answers to this question

I've logged thousands of miles on mine on sleds, atvs and in the vehicle for navigation (well, you should know that bronze backs.. wink.gif ). Not an issue whatsoever.

Send it back to Lowrance, report the issues and the power cord...sounds like a troubled unit. Do you have the receipt where you purchased it, return there?

Must be on all paved/groomed trails in a padded case. grin.gif

Hoping I can find the receipt.

Wish I would've spent the extra $100 on the Garmin. Never had an issue with my current Map76 -- better quality and superior UI, but I needed an update. Liked the maps a little better on the H2O.

I took a trip to the Boundary Waters with mine and it developed some condensation in the screen. It went away within a day or two and hasn't been back.

My first one fogged up. Cabelas honored the warranty and replaced it on the spot. The new one has worked great since. Check with the retailer before you send it off.