• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Have any of you guys traveled by water to Lake Andrusia, Kitchi, or Pike Bay from Cass Lake lately? Is the water level still high enough to do this or is it too shallow? Is it a better idea to pull the boat out of Cass and launch it at these lakes? I am just wondering if I would be able to go from lake to lake with a 17’ Lund. I will be heading up Aug 11-18. If you have any tips to catch walleyes, bass, or northerns please pass along any info if you would. Not looking to steal any hot spots, just a generalized overview on possible locations, depths, or presentations. Thanks for any info.

The water level is at least 1-2 feet below normal over the entire chain. I have a small 14' Crestliner and I was just barely able to cross the southern part of the channel into Pike Bay. Heck, there is barely enough water (maybe 18") to cross the sand bar into the Turtle River outlet and into the Pug Hole. Make sure you throttle down to idle or near idle before trying to enter the Pughole from the Lake or you will be dredging sand. Also, make sure you hit come up to the inlet directly from the south or slightly southeast... perpendicuar to shore. This seems to be the best angle of attack so as to avoid sand-dredging. I didn't try any of the other lake river connections.

-Gregg B.

How are the boat ramps, we usually put in at the ramp near Norway Beach or the public ramp near closer to town. We have a big 18 ft fiberglass fish/ski boat and I am wondering if I can get it in and out of the water. Last year the water was down quite far and it was a struggle, I am wondering if it is going to be as much fun this year as last. Thanks

I only know about the boat ramp at Anglers Beach and it was terrible. I only have a small 14' Crestliner and I nearly had to put the back wheels of the car into the water to launch. Of course, the launch at Anglers Beach is very poor and shallow to begin with.

-Gregg B.

Actually the water levels are close to normal and holding up quite well. We even gained a little over the last week and a half. You shouldn't have any problem launching at a decent access.

Good Luck!

Ken

Hey Ken,

Do you have any tips or spots for walleye this year, I know you gave me a few tips last year and they worked well. Just thought I would pick your brain again this year, my three boys and I will be up next week to fish Cass. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if I can get through the channel into Pike Bay? I am thinking of going there Sunday and was just wondering if a person can get through. We are in a 18 foot Ranger bass boat, we only need about 18 inches of water. Thanks for the info.

I know a week ago you could but not sure about it now.