• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boy do we need rain. Noticed the water level is down considerably at Shetek and I'm sure elsewhere. Have a buddy who told me he hit rocks at the Floyd Regan landing going out on the west side and again coming in on the east side. That's not good to be having that already now.

Going to be a tough fall to fish or hunt ducks if we don't have any water anywhere...

Woodlake and Steep Bank are really low also. There won't be any water to duck in if this keeps up. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get mega rain in August. They tell me the water on Shakatan is every color you can think of.

Lime Lake is way low. There is no water running over the dam and Lime creek is turning into a dried out river bed. I drive past the Des Moines river in numerous spots going to work and I've noticed it's drying up pretty quickly too. Lets hope we get some rain quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been to shetek or elsewhere since all the rain in the last couple weeks?

Wondering if the water levels have improved? Thinking the duck sloughs may be filling up some too, might have SOME chance this fall...

Well dog, let me tell ya......levels are up quite a bit. I've not been to Shetek but the Des Moines is actually flowing again and not a dried up creek bed. Lime lake is flowing water over the dam, Avoca WMA has risen about 8 inches, Lime lake is aobut 8 inches higher, many of the sloughs in the area are wet again.

I know all this rain has been bad for some areas, and downright nasty for other areas, but it's just what the doctor ordered for SW Minnesota. If things don't dry out again I see a real nice duck hunt comming this fall. grin.gif

Water running over the outlet of Lake Okabena! Anyone catching any fish?

Hey Bill. I have not been out much. Boats still broken. frown.gif Parts ariving from e-bay any day. grin.gif

I haven't been out either. I'm hoping to get out next week. I remember last year the eyes started hitting on Sarah the first part of Sept. Can't wait to start casting shorelines!! Maybe we should have a FM SW MN Fall Get Together? Lake Sarah, Okabena, Round???

I was thinking about a late september/early october get together on Sarah. What do ya think?

The Southwest Minnesota Fishing Club is having a tournament from 7am-2pm on Sunday Sept 24th on Lake Sarah, maybe we could coincide it with that or we could have it on Sat the 23rd for a little pre fishing and fall get-together. Sounds good to me! Maybe we can get a few more people to show!

I'd love to get back to fishing in my old stomping grounds soon and this is just the cure!! Keep the info coming please! grin.gif

would definitely be interested racing is done on turkey day so anytime after that would be great for me unless i decide to go the kansas race september 27, 28, and 29.

Sat the 22nd sounds fun, but I'll be in Fridley at the FM portable mod get together. Don't let my absense stop yous guys from getting together and catching fish, however.