• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
riversmallmouth35

looking for a goose blind

riversmallmouth35

I have been hunting for a couple of years now and want to get myself a blind. My price range is up to $200 maybe a little more. What kind of blind would you suggest getting. I haven't hunted in to many blinds to know wich ones are the best.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Thanks for any help.

Huntin&Fishin

I got a Cabelas Interceptor Elite and love it. Highly recommended.

smg04

head down to gamefair in mid august, alot of guide services will be trying to sell used blinds and other gear real cheap to make room for new gear for this season, i really like the FA S.U.B blind, if u wanna stay low profile and price check out the power hunters

Sartell Angler

what smg04 said

Bryce

Currently have an Interceptor and have hunted alongside the Elite. Both functional with the Elite having some nice features that I would spring for if buying new. My question is: both of these have D-ring style pins and slide type calmps that are a major pita at o'dark thirty. Does anyone offer a model that assembles without pins? Shock cords perhaps? Finally a question that even the 18 y/o seasoned expert floor sales jockeys can answer. wink.gif

Rainman

FINISHER blind. Easy to set up(no pins to lose)Easy to take down. You can pack 2-3 dozen realgeese decoys and your gun in it and take a hike out to the middle of those fields that you can't drive in. I also put a spinning wing decoy in it if I am chasing greenheads. I have had mine for about 5 yrs now and love it. Just my 2 cents!!

carpshooterdeluxe

the finisher pretty much sets the standard.

riversmallmouth35

Looked at the finisher at Averys web site and it looked pretty good. The site said it starts at $249.99 but what are the stores selling them at and will the prices go down as the season starts.

Thanks for the help.

jim68

I just picked up a FA XLandr at Rogers Cabelas yesterday for $125. I've hunted out of one a few times and liked it.

stayman79

I still like the X-lander by Final Approach. All you need to do is unfold it and lay it out to use it, fold it up and strap it to your back to carry it out. But it's not a "sleeping bag" like the powerhunter either. Lowest pro-file full frame blind on the market. Complaint from some people is not enough room for big/tall guys but I hear they are making a Pro-Lander which is the same thing only a little wider and longer for those who are taller or less slim. Not as much interior space, but that's good and bad. Bad because there's not too much space to shift around, good because the "cozy" factor keep you warmer (plus hide easier). Cost around $200-250 depending on field khaki or camo and where you get it.

guppie

I would get the power hunter or the finisher. I hunt out of both and they work fine. Cabelas always has a sale every fall that if you spend $500 you get $150 off your purchase, so you could wait for that sale, but that sale might not start untill mid sept?????

riversmallmouth35

Have any of you guys hunted in a blind made by wildfowlers. Haven't heard anything about them. Are they nice blinds or don't you like them.

Thanks for the help.

nate larson

Rogers sporting goods has some good deals on FA and GHG blinds. I am thinking about getting one myself. I am looking at the Eliminator Express, has anyone tried that one? Check it out...

[Note from admin: Please re-read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

jim68

I have an express and like it. Mine doesn't have the gun support. It is very low profile. It is nice when its cold it is almost like being in a sleeping bag.

stayman79

Riversmallmouth-

The wildfowlers outfitters blind is "OK." I borrowed one 4 years ago and saw one in the store last year and it looked the same so I think my comments will be accurate. It did not fold in half for easy transport which made carrying it awkward, especially if windy. The shape is sort of a half cylinder all the way down (not too low profile) with flaps on the end that the wind blows in (not good on the COLD days). On the plus side if you have a smaller, well trained dog they can lie in there with you and look out the bottom. No need for a dog blind!

It also might help to know that when I went to buy my own I did NOT buy the wildfowlers blind because I had seen the other styles in use and saw the advantages. I'm a big fan of the X'lander by Final Approach.

SJU70

Alright, so about the Gamefair, I will have limited opportunity to go, mainly a few minutes on Saturday as i move into school from Illinois. Where do I go to find these at the place? Do i look for the guides' exhibits? IS there a for sale section? Are we talking half off or a smaller discount? Thanks in advance...

riversmallmouth35

I have been looking at a lot of blinds and have pretty much narrowed it down to two. One choice would be a Final Approach SUB for $180. Another chioce is an Avery Migrator for $170 -175. Are these pretty good deals and how do any of you like the Migrator, have heard some good things for the SUB. I have also found the Final Approach X-Lander for $190, am I better off just getting this.

What kind of deals did you see at the game fair for blinds. Am hoping on getting down there this weekend.

Thanks for any help.

ChuckN

I've used the Otter X-Terminator blind since last fall, and through the spring snow goose season and I've been very happy with it. It is very compact, lightweight, waterproof in the driving rain, comfortable and deadly to birds.

Otter X-Terminator

Bushwacker

Quote:

I've used the Otter X-Terminator blind since last fall, and through the spring snow goose season and I've been very happy with it. It is very compact, lightweight, waterproof in the driving rain, comfortable and deadly to birds.

I have had an X-Terminator for four years and it looks like it is brand new(Plus the mudding). I have been more than happy with it and it is still as comfortable as the day I bought it. Definitely worth a look. It might be at the Gamefair under Gooseview also, Otter just started distributing them last season. If mine ever wears out I will buy the exact same thing to replace it!!

Shu

They are nice...I bought 2 more this year for the kids for a total of 5 X-Terminators now in the trailer.

riversmallmouth35

Do any of you guys have an FA eliminater express? Does this blind have enough room in it for width. I am only 5'7" but have somewhat broad shoulders. It looks like a pretty nice blind for the price.